We were out of town over the weekend & stocked up on some fabulous deals in Oregon (tax free, & the Costco there carried items our Costco no longer stocks).
And, we're spending more on food again. It's just creeping up. S is growing like crazy & I swear there is never a moment that he's not asking for a snack. We try to keep things healthy, but it's so expensive!
- Monday (2/18) - No spend day!
- Tuesday (2/19)- $92.10 - gas
- Wednesday (2/20)- No spend day!
- Thursday (2/21)
- $12.77 - postage for an eBay sale
- Friday (2/22)
- $80.94 - Osh Kosh. We stocked up on two winter jackets in the next size up, a couple of pair of pants (my oldest is growing like a weed) two pair of jeans & a pair of ski gloves for next year.
- $226.33 - Costco (house stuff). This includes laundry soap, 3 containers of dish washing soap, paper towels, planters for our vacation house, soil, etc.
- $107.70 - Costco (food)
- $7.97 - two books for the kids
- $14.97 - two toys for the kids (we had to kill two hours "in town"). Unnecessary, had I planned ahead.
- $1.49 - soap at Rite Aid
- $3 - last minute grocery items at the local shop to make spaghetti sauce.
- Saturday (2/23)
- $10 - spending money at the arcade
- Sunday (2/24):
- $1 for parking at a trail for my long run
- $55.68 - more groceries at Costco
- $5.35 - snacks while skiing
- $9.71 - car wash after skiing
- $119.75 - car tabs
Menu planning is more critical than ever, with our food spending. In awesome news, I've mastered crust in the bread maker, so we no longer have to purchase pizza crust - I make our own dough. Love cutting something on the list, & replacing it with a healthier, cheaper, homemade option!
- Monday - Tacos (meat from the freezer)
- Tuesday - Pasta with grilled chicken
- Wednesday - Tacos, take two (leftovers). May try to convince the kids to go for burritos, to keep things interesting. ;-)
- Thursday - I have a late meeting, so either grilled chicken over salad, or leftovers.
- Friday - Salmon, rice, & roasted brussels sprouts
- Saturday - M & I may try to do a date night, but if not, I'm going to make Chicken Risotto.
- Sunday - Pizza after skiing
What's on your menu this week? How are you doing with your February goals? Are you on track, with just a few days left?