- Did a bit of decluttering - and got rid of 4 brand new notebooks (donated), 3 tank tops, a sweater, & recycled some paperwork in the boys room.
- Called Care.com & requested a refund for $39. (This is the service we used to find & screen a nanny). I forgot to call & cancel, & was charged for an extra month. I called before the fee even cleared (noticed it in my pending charges) & requested a refund, explaining that I hadn't used the service for several weeks. Just received the credit.
- Helped my sister out by coordinating some details for our big family relay next week. She's the team captain, & there are a million details to arrange. I could tell she needed help with something, & picked up the work. I bribed everyone to complete their tasks with an offer of free beer at the finish line. My bribe worked, of course. Know your audience. ;-)
- I took my boys on a bike ride. Fun & free, plus good for all of us.
- I tried a new recipe (Shrimp Stir Fry), using a ton of garden ingredients - zucchini, sweet peppers, green peppers, tomatoes, basil, lemon (from our tree), and a few white eggplant that came from a friend's garden. I used leftover rice & it was amazing! So fresh & light. It will definitely be in the summer rotation, until all of the bounty is gone.
- Tracked down Southwest Airlines *again* about the two flights I bought for a trip. I've called multiple times, and each time was told that it was being investigated & I would get a call back. I never got a call back, so emailed customer service, got routed to "corporate", and this time heard back! They credited me $279. Woohoo!
- Started working on our 2016 budget expenses. Calculated how much we've spent in each category to date, and did all of the math to understand how we're doing. So far, I can see that we'll be reducing: insurance, gas, kids activities, & auto. And, increasing: dining out, groceries (despite my best effort), & rent.
So, a mix of fun, work, financial savings, & decluttering! What are some positive things you did this week?