Friday, July 17, 2026

No Frugal Friday this week

I got home yesterday & went straight to urgent care. My left foot got infected & I have cellulitis, which isn't a huge deal, but requires antibiotics. I spent most of yesterday hanging out at urgent care, the pharmacy (a whole fiasco ensued there) & then resting with my foot elevated. 0/10, do not recommend any of this with jet lag & overall being exhausted. 


I chatted with the family yesterday & then headed to bed at 6 pm. I slept for 11.5 hours last night, so I was apparently very tuckered out. ;-) Will be back with more updates, but if you have any wins to share, please comment! I will live vicariously through all of you.


17 comments:

  1. OMG! Poor thing! I hope you feel better soon! Just when I thought the work week could not possibly get any worse for you! Yikes!! Virtual hugs! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a week! So happy to be home this week - HP

      Delete
  2. Ouch! So sorry. Hope your foot feels better. Take it easy and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, having a health issue while traveling would be so stress-inducing I would imagine. So happy to hear you are back home and on the mend!

    We traveled all last week, so I am hard pressed to think of any 'wins' other than that we exited the cruise ship just $4.14 down. We bought two Diet Cokes at 50% off while onboard, and that was it. We are masters at achieving zero onboard spend, or close to, at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super impressive on your spending on board! Well done. I most certainly didn't enjoy the stress of having a health issue, particularly as my overall health situation is complicated & trying to get that across in a foreign language would be quite challenging, I think. - HP

      Delete
    2. This may not be prudent of me but in traveling I try being prepared and have an e kit (especially when I know quick medical care might be hard or in your case a foreign country).. As a nurse I’m against over use of antibiotics but often take a pkt of zpac with (antibiotics). I take a small bag of Zyrtec, inhaler, pre dental antibiotics ( I had a knee replacement) Zofran (anti nausea) and a med for kidney stones. This is not a suggestion for any specific meds but these would be for my medical history although I’ve not needed any of these for a couple of years (except the pre dental). But I do think having a back up broad spectrum antibiotic with is prudent. I got my current travel pkt from the Dr. Prior to travel when he wanted me to have something available if my symptoms progressed, earlier I got in Mexico.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, having a health issue while traveling would be so stress-inducing I would imagine. So happy to hear you are back home and on the mend!

    We traveled all last week, so I am hard pressed to think of any 'wins' other than that we exited the cruise ship just $4.14 down. We bought two Diet Cokes at 50% off while onboard, and that was it. We are masters at achieving zero onboard spend, or close to, at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too much this week. Sometimes there can be a "stop everything!" that happens and doesn't care about any plans you have. I hope that this resolves quickly for you and the abx kick in right away. (Your toes are looking cute though ;) ) And don't you rush back on that foot!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My toes are a holdover from Greece, and yes, the pedicure has held up really nicely :-). Thank you, I've been resting a lot. - HP

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness. You need a time out to get all healthy once again. Hope the antibiotics clear it up quickly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swelling is almost gone at this point. Just waiting for the blisters to fully scab over (the nurse pulled everything off & cleaned it out, so we're starting from scratch) & then I should be good to resume normal activities. - HP

      Delete
  7. Think time to retire….money not worth the stress and health impact

    ReplyDelete
  8. Het well rested and better. That's ot a good end to a long trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely not a positive end to the trip. Very happy to be home & resting. - HP

      Delete
  9. Well, actually it was frugal of you to stay put and not spend any more money than necessary! Eleven and a half hours sounds like it was needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My body has been craving lots of sleep, so I'm trying to deliver! - HP

      Delete