Thursday, August 20, 2026

Thursday things

 It's very quiet around the house this week, so I'm using that time in between meetings & work to try & clean & organize Nick's room. He has asked to upgrade to a bigger bed, and to remove his desk. Once you start moving furniture, the dust bunnies (dogs, really) come out in full force. Lots of cleaning happening & hopefully we will be able to find a reasonably priced second hand bed frame for him & give him a bit more space.

We also leveraged the college dorm room trick of moving his dresser into his closet, which does free up a lot of additional space. I have some feelings about all of these changes, because the bed frame is so lovely, matches all of the furniture, & I bought them for both boys as they moved out of cribs. I suppose at 19 & 20, they are ready to have something a bit bigger. ;-) 

I'm also going through & gifting things on Buy Nothing, listing things on eBay & FB, and trying to remove stuff from our house. I've found a renewed incentive to do so, as this is the first stretch where I'm home for multiple weeks, since the beginning of June. 

As always, there is way too much to do on any given day! What are you up to today? Are you focused on any organization projects at the moment?

6 comments:

  1. I can relate, moving my 18 year old next weekend. Not a dorm but his own room, his friend' s parents own the rental house, there will be 4 boys. He will be only a 2 hour drive away but as an only child it is new and a big change for us. He is getting a new, bigger bed there that will come back with him eventually. I am planning to organize his room at home this weekend followed by a deep clean after the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a big adjustment! Sending good thoughts to all of you for next weekend. I try to occupy myself with the distracting tasks like organizing, so I don't get all weepy about Nick moving out. ;-) - HP

      Delete
  2. HP...yes, lot's of changes as they get older. I see the day bed both girls used, it's a gorgeous white wrought iron, and very impractical for adults and regular sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true - Nick is quite a bit taller than I am, and even I wouldn't be jazzed for the length of his bed. - HP

      Delete
  3. No organizing going on here. Instead I am trying to catch up on harvesting and processing the garden. That is not going as well as I had hoped, but I will keep right on.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the harvesting, Jackie! - HP

      Delete