I was home for almost all of August, minus the a couple of days in Oregon with my parents, and moving Nick in mid-month. That led to more time at home, more schedule predictability & a bit more productivity towards my goals.
Financial:
- Stay on top of food waste by using up 3 pantry or freezer items - I used up chicken broth, black beans & Costco frozen veggies for roasting
- Continue to track net new savings for 2026 - yes
- Finalize part time adjustment & exit date - yes! I'm going part time in October, and I'll be done working at the end of the year.
- Make $100 in side hustle - I had a great month & made $275
- Find one expense to optimize - we are still working on some options here, including Nick's transportation costs
- Adjust post work budget & plan, depending on exit date & benefits - I'm pretty much done with this, minus understanding how much of my sign on bonus I need to pay back. I haven't gotten confirmation on this yet from HR
- Determine whether it makes sense to switch spending to a different credit card through EOY - not done yet
Family:
- Continue to help the boys navigate college & life - yes, all going well here
- Get Nick moved in & have fun with my mom. Minimize cost - yes to both. It was a really great, although super busy weekend. It was expensive, but well worth it & we made smart tradeoffs to keep the costs in check.
- Monthly date with M - yes, we went to happy hour after running an errand
- Reschedule family dinner - serendipitously, M's cousins (the ones we were trying to schedule) were in our area over the weekend, & we got some of the group together. Nick is not available of course, and Sam was working, but the rest of us met up.
- Continue planning for our next big trip (M's 60th) - yes, I've made some inroads here.
Fitness:
- Lose 3 lbs - I lost 3.9 lbs
- Research & finalize medication - Yes, done.
- 10 strength workouts - yes, 11!
- Track nutrition - yes, done daily
- Average 13,000 steps/day - 11,620/day, so just shy of my yearly goal of 12,000. I need to boost this up to hit my yearly goal!
- Sort out any medical appointments before EOY - Sam scheduled his checkup & I scheduled an eye doctor appointment, which I need to do for a medicine I take.
Personal:
- Make list for part-time schedule (to dos, fun, etc) - I have a few ideas brewing
- Declutter 50 items - I absolutely crushed this, with 222 items gone in August
- Get together with friends - met friends for dinner, another friend for a hike, and a third friend for a workout + coffee & another friend for lunch
- Try something new/say yes to adventures - planned an impromptu trip with my parents for October
- Get to know our neighbors - yes, went for a walk with my neighbors
- Try a new recipe - egg bites & the baked chicken Chile tacos
Overall, I'm pleased with the month & my progress. How did you do with your August goals?
Looks like you had a very successful August!
ReplyDeleteWell done. I get invigorated to start things fresh in September...old school start brain. I was not productive at all in August. The heat has not been good to me, but fall is my season.
ReplyDeleteWow, you had a fabulous August; congrats!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that your schedule has been mostly stable after the chaotic early summer. Hope the rest of your work tenure stays that way.
The first half of August started out really well for me and then I wilted/got overwhelmed and basically ignored my to do list. Now I’m starting to perk back up and get things done.
The long list of green is great but I'm especially impressed by the decluttering! I had done a couple really big pushes early last month and then ran out of steam. I have to wait for it to build up again :)
ReplyDeleteI also start over in September, like Sam. Great Month HP...so keep it up. I have been very proactive this first day of the month! Not Bossy
ReplyDeleteMy August goals were to get some things done in the house. I accomplished some but did not get the kitchen chairs reupholstered.
ReplyDelete