After lots of phone calls, paperwork, and research, I received a check yesterday for $349K. Woohoo! It's now on its way to my new brokerage firm, and I should have a fully merged 401K in no time. Also, I was a little caught off guard by the value - I typically look at our retirement savings in a spreadsheet where all assets are combined, and the money doesn't feel very "real". Receiving a check for $349,000 definitely made it feel more "real". I've worked pretty hard over the past 15 years, and aside from the other ways we've invested and spent our money, I'm proud of my focus on saving for retirement. M has his own sizable retirement portfolio (slightly larger than mine, as he's older), but what a nice feeling to open up that check! :-) I didn't get to enjoy it for long, but it was great to have a visual measure of progress.
What else is on the agenda for today?
- Sam has his first soccer game, and then a play date/movie with a friend.
- I'm making pizza dough for our dinner tonight
- I need to plan the menu for the week
- 3 mile run
- Yoga (optimistically)
- I offered to bring snacks to Sam's soccer game, so need to get that all prepped
- Bake bread
- Clean the fridge
- Deal with all of the tomatoes that are about to go bad - my ongoing challenge of the summer ;-)
- Library to return books
- Costco for our weekly supplies
That's a pretty full day. What about you? What's on your Saturday "to do" list?