Saving on things we buy:
- Used a discounted gift card to buy my mom an iced tea while we were running errands
- Used a grocery store reward towards items we needed for dinners
- Sold an item on eBay. It was only worth $5, but it's out of the house, & I used a recycled Amazon mailing envelope to ship it. Double win.
- Because of my parents flight cancellation, they both earned a $150 flight credit for future travel. I used miles for their original flights, so this was a win. My parents are planning to take our kids to Disneyland, so I told them to keep the credits for that trip.
- I took my mom out for her birthday, but we thought about Ubering there & back, but my husband graciously drove us & then picked us up again.
- I made dinner there first night, and we had a big taco feast with guacamole, empanadas, & ground beef tacos. Yum!
- My parents flight was cancelled, & they were put on another airline. Their revised flight came in to SFO. We considered having them take an Uber (it's a 90 minute drive in traffic to pick them up, and we weren't sure we could make it happen). We realized M had the electric car, and could therefore carpool. My parents waited a bit at the airport, but we saved the cost of an Uber (likely around $75)
- Packed a lunch for our flight to Hawaii
- Brought our own wine & snacks for our trip
What about you? Any frugal wins this week?