Here's what's on our menu for the week:
- Friday - M & I went out - date night!
- Saturday - Egg roll in a bowl
- Sunday - chicken zucchini alfredo (this was delicious!)
- Monday - carnitas (freezer)
- Tuesday - leftover chicken alfredo
- Wednesday - leftover eggroll in a bowl
- Thursday - leftover carnitas
It's my 2nd week in a row of crazy late nights. I'm happy to be at least half way through the madness.
Here's what else we did this weekend.
- Soccer. SO much soccer. Nick is playing for three teams, and Sam is playing for two teams. It's a lot of driving. They are having a ball.
- Sam attended a birthday party with friends, Magic themed, of course.
- Running. I ran 4 miles yesterday, & 6 miles today. I really, really need to have more time during the week, so I can spread these out more. My legs are so tired today!
- Cooking. I made the egg roll in a bowl yesterday (using ground turkey I bought for $.50/lb last week) & I used leftover cooked chicken (freezer) from a pesto chicken dish we didn't particularly enjoy. Now we have plenty of food in the fridge for the week ahead, and we used up things we had on hand.
- Planning. I'm working on my sabbatical plans! I need to nail one final decision on our 4th of July plans & logistics, and from there will map out all of the dates & trips. There's a lot of fun on the agenda for this summer. I'm so excited.
And with that, I'm off to relax & watch the rest of a movie with M. Can't wait for this week to be wrapped up & the craziness from work completed. What about you? Any fun new recipes? How was your weekend?