Here are a few of the frugal things we've done over the past week or so.
- $40 credit on Hawaii flights (again!), as the flight prices dropped another time. They are now only $166/per person. A steal!
- Remembered to cash in my grocery store reward points before they expired. I only had $2, but used it towards a $2.99 clearance package of ant bombs, because. . . ants apparently love this hot weather & have decided to come inside.
- Renewed all of my library books before we left on vacation, and picked up a few extra. I used to buy books for trips, but now I use the library for free. (or, for the occasional $.50 fine, as it sometimes happens).
- Used a $4 off of $20 Rite Aid coupon to pick up mouthwash.
- Bought $150 of gift cards at Rite Aid, earning $20 in rewards. These are for places we are regulars at (i.e. home improvement stores)
- Bought $8 worth of salad ingredients at the produce stand before I left town. I'm hoping that by having fresh ingredients on hand, M will be inclined to eat in while I'm away. :)
- While on vacation, I created a detailed menu plan (more important when you're not near your standard fridge, stocked with backup & fill in ingredients) & shopping list.
- Other than $10 for lunch at the Costco food court, haven't eaten out at all on our vacation, and don't plan to.
That's it for us. I'll have a house update again over the next few days. These buyers have been. . . terrible. I'll leave it at that & cross my fingers for a more positive update by the end of the weekend.
What about you? Any big frugal wins?