Here's what we have on the agenda for the day!
- Go to Costco & buy our supplies for the week.
- Sam's end of the soccer season pool party.
- Work on M's Father's Day & birthday gifts. Wrap, make cards, etc
- Use up oodles of oranges.
- Make cookies for kids lunches.
- Figure out our tax plan. The 2011 battle we've been fighting? It's over, and we owe $5600, due in 30 days. (Well, that was a few weeks ago, so two weeks). It's a long story, so if you haven't been following, M's employer at the time incorrectly classified an advance as a bonus. When he left the company, all was fine. Months later, he had to repay, which triggered a series of tax implications. The IRS refunded us the money, but then under further scrutiny & lack of supporting paperwork from M's employer. . . we have to repay the original refund plus a fee. I can't really get into how I feel about this, because it's been an incredibly frustrating process. In the end, I believe that we really owe the money, so we will pay. Also, the IRS has been investigating for over a year, and the appeal timeline is now over, so either way, we have to pay. Grimace.
- Update our budget. I haven't entered any credit card transactions in several weeks & I'm super far behind
- Recap my May goals.
- Set June goals!
- Call our yard person (Seattle house), who owes a big explanation as to why they've been paid to cover both the front & back of our house, and has only been doing the front for six months.
- Run 9 miles! Yikes. I need to mentally prepare for this. :-)
- Organize the summer camp schedule.
- Bake bread
That should be more than enough. Number 6 will probably take me half of the day, so my goal is to not get irritated about it. It is what it is. Deal with it & move on.
In other news, I dropped & shattered my phone, so I'm currently phoneless. It's strangely freeing. I really need a new one ASAP for work, but I'll enjoy the weekend without feeling tethered to technology :-)
What about you? What are you accomplishing this weekend?