We have a lot of fun ahead in the next few weeks - can't wait! Tomorrow is a busy work day (8 am to 10 pm), and then on Tuesday, the boys & I fly to Portland. My sister will pick us up at the airport with my nephews, and we'll head straight to the beach & our vacation house. I'm looking forward to spending time with the family - relaxing, riding bikes, walking on the beach, & playing games! We fly back on Sunday, just in time to start school on Monday. :-)
I'm flying back to Portland on Thursday, for my relay event - Portland to Coast. I can't wait! We've been training & planning & it should be super fun. My fan consists of: my mom, my mom's best friend, my best friend, my twelve year old nephew, and my Uncle. My sister is the captain of our second van, and she's with a family friend, my two cousins, and my aunt. My sister has done this relay before, & I've done the more extended/running version, but everyone else is a novice. Should be awesome!
And, on to today! I need to use all of the tomatoes before we leave town, and . . . there are a lot!
I already made an awesome breakfast - Spicy Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce . I've never made poached eggs before, but these were amazing. The sauce was incredible!
Here's what else I need to do today:
- Wash all sheets/make beds.
- Make tomato soup for the freezer.
- Make roasted garlic tomato freezer jam.
- If I *still* have more tomatoes left over, I'll make more of the tomato sauce from the poached egg recipe & freeze.
- Walk 8 miles, as training for my relay. The pace time is pretty fast, considering all of the hills - 13 minute miles.
- Power yoga. My back has been killing me, & I really need to stretch.
- Return a couple of things to the mall.
- Plan schedule for Monday
- Finish cleaning fridge & freezer, to prepare for our vacation.
- If time permits, get a pedicure
What about you? How are you spending the last few weeks of summer? What are you up to today?