Thursday, April 14, 2016

Vacation - today!

I am so, so ready for a vacation. Work has been very challenging (more so than even the normal amount), and I've had a heck of a time recovering from my jet lag this go round. I'm still tired, and I flew back last Friday!

I was originally supposed to head out on vacation last Saturday, and while I surely could have used the time, it wouldn't have worked out with some work staffing challenges that needed to be addressed. But, I was able to preserve the end bit of my vacation, so the boys & I are flying to Portland. My dad will pick up the boys, and they will be having "Nana & Papa time". My sister is picking me up, and we are off to spend some girl time on the Oregon coast. My other best friend is also joining us. So, so, so very excited for the break.

We plan to get in a lot of exercise (walking, running, yoga, etc), drink wine, and chat! Normally when we are together, we have all of our kids (six, in total) & there is rarely time for any conversation - just lots of kiddo interruptions.

In other news, M & the boys were rear ended on the freeway yesterday on their way to camp. I'm so happy no one was injured. The car was pretty banged up, but that's (relatively) easy to fix. The traffic is horrendous here, so I'm not terribly surprised. Sam has some abrasions on his shoulders from the seat belt, but other than that and being a bit shaken up, all is well. Super grateful.

And with that, I'm off to wrap up, finish my packing & get ready for all of the fun ahead. Can't wait!!

4 comments:

  1. Have a great time with your family/friend. So glad no one was hurt. I hate heavy traffic and don't miss that part of city living at all. I wondered how you dealt with jetlag traveling so much - I am dragging my but and we got home from Spain on Monday (3 flights).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your vacation-some to unwind. I am so glad to hear all were fine-those rear end fender benders can be more complicated than first known.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad no one was hurt! Enjoy the remainder of the vacation time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me as another reader happy no one was hurt in the accident, and that the car can be easily repaired. Wishing you a wonderful time on your vacation - you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete