Monday, May 23, 2016

Weekly spending wrap up (5/16-5/22) - it's a crazy one!

Another week is over, so I'll quickly recap where & how we spent our money for the week. Short story, one of our cheapest weeks ever! :-) I'll definitely take it.


  • Monday - No spend day
  • Tuesday - No spend day
  • Wednesday - No spend day
  • Thursday - Dinner at Sweet Tomatoes after a late practice - $32.61 
  • Friday - $31.60 for an Uber to the airport for M
  • Saturday - No spend day
  • Sunday
    • $9.75 - lunch at Costco
    • $65.26 - groceries at Costco
    • $5.26 - pectin & super cheap clearanced green salsa that I picked up at Lucky. I used the pectin to make freezer marmalade jam & will use the salsa for homemade taquitos. I put the meat, cheese & beans in the food processor, and you need a "liquid" to blend. Perfect find!
    • $6.38 - four jam jars

Total spent for the week = $150.86. I'd need to go back through all of my tracking, but I'm pretty confident this was either our cheapest, or one of our cheapest weeks. Woohoo! I'll take more like that. :-) What about you? Did you track your spending for the week? How did you  do? 

8 comments:

  1. One of my more expensive weeks, a long weekend full of family dinners with my Stepdaughter and Mom. She leaves this afternoon so tonight - fend for yourself leftovers to clean out the fridge a bit. Whatever is left we will eat for lunch tomorrow then chicken fajitas tomorrow night. I never plan more than 2-3 days in advance though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time with family is fantastic. We tend to go in waves like that as well. I'd really struggle without the meal planning, but try to make a few things on the weekend, and then combine various freezer items & those meals during the week. We have some less than glamorous meals, but we get by! :-)

      Delete
  2. Didn't track, but accidental no spend today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victory! Every day, accidental or no, counts. :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great week to me, especially with active kids who have extra curricular activities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to replicate it all the time. Not sure how we managed it. :-)

      Delete
  4. Some weeks I do very well-last week was one but later will spend a lot getting meals prepped for four day weekend at lake cabin. Lots of booze needed as with DH's family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Love it. My husband always makes lots of drinks (for everyone, he's the bartender) when we have family get togethers. It all makes sense now. ;-)

      Delete