Sunday, October 1, 2017

Menu plan & other weekend updates

I ran a bunch of errands yesterday, and took the boys to soccer games. That, plus my normal house work left me exhausted by 7:30 pm. I was pretty proud I made it that far, given the jet lag.

I made dinner rolls, two ingredient cookies, & whipped up the casserole we had for dinner. Today I'm making a triple batch of banana muffins (freezer), trying out my crockpot for the first time with potato soup, and making the chicken fajita rice. I'll report in on any winners

We also have: a school fundraiser, one soccer game, and two birthday parties. I was up by 5:00, so I've already gotten the soup in the crockpot, and have the last round of muffins in the oven.

In frugal news, I pushed on with making dinner, even though I really, really didn't want to cook after the last soccer game. 

And, with that, I'm off to plan the day, make our schedule for the week, and figure out how to squeeze in a workout! What about you? Trying any new recipes this week?

4 comments:

  1. No new recipes. Today we were invited to our neighbor's apple picking/cider pressing party. He has over two dozen aging, but prolific apple trees on his property, which are dropping apples like mad. We will go, but just briefly. I need Sundays to be spent at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like having one weekend day at home. It doesn't happen as often as I'd like, but it really helps to recharge.

      Delete
  2. I am impressed you can get so much done, especially with jet lag factored in.
    I am trying a ground chicken Persian type kabob. I have eaten it many times but I have never attempted to make it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds yummy! Definitely share the recipe if it turns out.

      Delete