Friday, May 25, 2018

Frugal Friday

There were a few frugal activities this week. I will confess that we did eat out once, although used a gift card. It was a LONG week, & I leave for Tokyo tomorrow morning, so wanted a little time with the family.

Here are some frugal things we got up to:


  • Used a $2 credit at Rite Aid, plus a 30% coupon I happened to notice. Picked up a few toiletries we needed.
  • Also while at Rite Aid, discovered protein powder for 75% off. Protein powder has been on my shopping list for a while now (we use in smoothies for the kids, and in protein balls, etc) & this price saved approximately $12 for the same unit volume.
  • Sold a gift card (free with another purchase) on Raise.com for $20 & changes. I'll apply this to my sidehustle
  • A few of our standard groceries were on sale at Costco (lettuce & pineapple), saving an extra $2 off the bill
  • Rather than buying three avocados for guacamole, our produce stand had a bag of approximate same weight for 1/2 the price. 2lbs of avocados for $1.49. We shall see if the smaller ones are any good!
  • Bought Uber gift cards at a local grocery store, and earned $60 in grocery store gift cards. I use Uber for work trips to/from the airport, so the $60 is free to me. 
  • Sold a $5 item we no longer needed on our local Facebook swap. Decluttered something & made money!
  • Combed through our car insurance again (we'll be shopping around once we give a car to my parents this summer) & was able to get the policy down by another $86/year by closely reviewing it. 
  • Someone at work was selling a $25 Alaska Air (our preferred airline for personal travel) gift card for $20, so I bought that & added it to my Alaska account, where it can be used for a future flight. 
What about you? Any frugal wins for the week?

1 comment:

  1. If you are in need of urgent loan of any kind then you should apply for a loan from Mr Lavington , you can get various types of loan from him like

    Home loan
    Business loan
    Student loan
    Short loan
    Medium loan
    Long loans e.t.c

    He offers loan at interest rate of 2% and with very easy loan conditions, so for you to get your loan today contact lavingtonfinance@gmail.com you can call me +18288270635

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete