Sunday, June 30, 2019

Hawaii was amazing

I'm back from my girls trip & our trip was amazing. There are very few people in the world I can spend a full week with, 24x7, and not bicker with. It was so relaxing & fun. We took advantage of all of the activities that were offered (for free) at the resort:


  • Snorkeling
  • Kayaking
  • Stand Up Paddleboarding
  • Canoeing
  • Lei making
  • Hula lessons
  • Bingo 
  • Mixology class
  • Beach side yoga

Although Hawaii is never frugal, here are a few things we did to reduce the cost:

  • Parked for free (vs $40+ parking charge per DAY). The car was 1.5 miles away. Given it was 90, those were some pretty hot walks to the car!
  • We took the free resort car service for most activities
  • We only ate one breakfast & one lunch out. The rest we cobbled together from things in our room. We did happy hours for dinner to reduce the cost, and also ate leftovers for dinner one night.
  • Brought our own alcohol, and avoided the $19 cocktails at the hotel
  • I used my companion fare to book my sister's flight
  • We booked the car/hotel via Costco. I don't think we'd rent a car again, as the parking is so expensive. 
Here are some pictures from our fabulous adventure! In order, they are: the gorgeous flowers all around the hotel, view from the pool one morning, and the stunning view from beach side yoga.


I've been feeling pretty low energy the last few days, so I've been relaxing at the beach. Although I haven't been accomplishing much, it feels good to relax & recover from the traveling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment