Sunday, April 19, 2020

One leisurely day with nothing to do

In my previous (pre quarantine life), I would have been grateful for a single day with nothing on the agenda, and nowhere to be. It changes your mindset when, instead of one day, it's a huge slew of nothing but those days. I'm going to try & treat today like the former - just an unexpected time out in my life - one day with nowhere to be. I'll see how that goes for me.

The weather looks gorgeous, so I'm going to head outside for some yard work this morning.

Of course, I can always find things that need to be done, so here's what I'm hoping to do today:

  1. Work out
  2. Meditate
  3. Take the kids on a few walks
  4. List something for sale on eBay 
  5. Set out porch pickup for a friend (I bought paper towels for her, when I saw them in stock)
  6. Wash the sheets
  7. Make the beds
  8. Chat with my neighbor about picking her oranges
  9. Defrost taco meat
  10. Yard work
  11. Fill the yard waste bin
  12. Review the schedule for next week
  13. Have the boys call my parents
  14. Duolingo
  15. Read my book by the pool
All in all, I'm hoping it will be a productive but relaxing day - as all of the best ones are! What about you? How are you handling the tedium? Any tricks to share?

6 comments:

  1. I am not experiencing any tedium. Ask me next week, and I could feel differently. Reading would work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our patio was sealed yesterday so today now that it is dry we can put all our patio furniture back out there - that should take about an hour to hour and a half. Not sure otherwise...make some muffins out of the half dead bananas, complete online grocery order for Mom (for me to pickup) and if I really get productive file income tax. They extended the CAD deadline until June but I want to get it filed (I get $50 back, hubby pays $60 so just about even) with turbotax. It is done, I just need to go over it to make sure everything is correct and that I didn't miss anything. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As we worked outside yesterday, laundry needs done today. I might bake something sweet. I'm meeting my daughter by the river for a walk late afternoon. It I colder today and I figure 4:00 will be part of the warmest time. Tonight I plan to pamper myself a bit with filing my nails, some cuticle oil, and a facial mask. I have been very slovenly in the self care area. For what might be my last two weeks of total social distancing, I want to get up and treat my work day as such as I wrote aobut a few weeks ago-but have been failing at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not experienced any tedium. I am happy in my home, and enjoy my family's company, (usually, the kids ARE teenagers...) and also love being alone, particularly alone in my house, when I am free to pursue my own interests. Earlier in the weekend, though, I confess to chomping at the bit a tad... wanted to dart down to a friend and stroll through a nursery with her. I tried to stream a movie, but our internet wasn't cooperating either. I decided to just go to bed instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey if this list is a leisurely day I am glad I am not you. lolz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a difficult week for me. I am ready to return to normal life, but understand normal has changed and I certainly don't want it bad enough to risk the virus.
    Tomorrow I have a lot of tasks planned, then cook one more of the thousand meals I have cooked since March. (It has been at least a thousand right)

    ReplyDelete