Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Pickled jalapenos & it still feels like Monday

I'm having a heck of a time getting into the swing of work/life, post vacation. Work is particularly painful, with some challenging issues ahead. But, here we are, right into Tuesday. All I can say is that I hope this week goes quickly! :-)

I've gotten a few things done, completing our Oregon tax form for the sale of the vacation house. That required a call to the state tax bureau, to answer a question. I also had to ask the title/escrow company to update the forms numerous times, as they had errors. I'm not feeling great about that. 

I need to find someone to water our plants when we're gone next week. M thought we had a plan last week, but we had a huge heat wave, and we lost quite a few plants. I had wanted to hire Nick's neighbor friend to water, and it was clear I should have gone with my instincts. Unfortunately, he's not available next week, so I'm looking for other options. 

I picked a few large jalapenos, and did a quick pickle on them. They are great, and an easy fridge item. M loves pickled jalapenos, and we buy them in the off season, so it's also a bit of a money saver. Here is the recipe I use. It couldn't be easier. 



My sister is now in Hawaii, celebrating her son's graduation from high school. I'm attempting to live vicariously through her, as she enjoys the beach, sunsets & all of the Hawaii fun.

Hope everyone is having a great week! What is one thing you've accomplished today? 


13 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how hard it is getting back into the swing of things, but sounds like you are doing a good job anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more that life is happening either way, so I best get in front of it, rather than behind it! :-)

      Delete
  2. Great recipe! I am packing for Orange Beach and attempting to clean my house. I always forget something… lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an easy & good recipe. Good luck with your packing & house cleaning. Nick didn't do his chores yesterday, so he'll be cleaning the house today to make up for it. He'll do a half way job, but it will be an improvement over where we are now!

      Delete
  3. The men in my life love pickled jalapeno's so I try and make a few every year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! Yes, both Sam & M love them at my house

      Delete
  4. Hope you get back in your normal harried groove soon.
    Thanks for sharing the jalapeƱo recipe. It is time form me to make a farmers market run and I always get a big basket of the peppers. This will be a great use for some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids are going to be with my parents for a few weeks in July, so I keep reminding myself, that a blissful reprieve from the soccer practice/driving/cooking/laundry routine is ahead. Even though we will miss them :-)

      Delete
  5. Hope you have a great break, and enjoy a trip to the beach. I love that you got a new machine that will save you fees! That sounds like a win to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the recipe. We love jalapenos! Hope the work week goes by fast for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can play around with the recipe, on the salt vs sugar ratio, to suit your taste.

      Delete
  7. I am so glad you got to go on that trip with your family, isn't that what life is all about? Great way to spend money, I have zero regrets on any of the travel money we have spent. We are off to a nearby Island with the dog for a couple of nights next week

    ReplyDelete