Let's hope August is a bit more stable than July, because I'd really like to make progress on a few things, and work on my overall fitness. Here's what I would like to accomplish this month.
Financial:
- Stay on top of food waste by using up 3 pantry or freezer items
- Continue to track net new savings for 2026
- Finalize part time adjustment & exit date
- Make $100 in side hustle
- Find one expense to optimize
- Adjust post work budget & plan, depending on exit date/benefits
- Determine whether it makes sense to switch spending to a different credit card through EOY (evaluate ROI)
Family:
- Continue to help the boys navigate college & life
- Get Nick moved in & have fun with my mom. Minimize cost
- Monthly date with M
- Continue planning for our next big trip (M's 60th)
Fitness:
- Lose 3 lbs
- Research & finalize medicine selection
- 10 strength workouts
- Track nutrition
- Average 13,000 steps/day
- Sort out any medical appointments before EOY
Personal:
- Make list for part-time schedule (to dos, fun, etc)
- Declutter 50 items
- Get together with friends
- Try something new/say yes to adventures
- Get to know our neighbors
- Try a new recipe
What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish in August?
Besides the July tasks not completed, hoping the excessive heat is over, my goals are internally focused. Really focus on healthy eating and daily exercise, including strength based, and losing weight. I have money goals to ensure I don't feel stress as some big ticket bills cone due. So, I guess a goal is to enjoy August with as many frugal fun activities as possible.
ReplyDeleteThose are great goals. I'm with you on the strength goals & losing weight - both are at the top of my list as well. - HP
DeleteExcited on your behalf at what appears to be move to part time employment. I did similar as I moved toward retirement, reducing to a 4 day work week. It was so nice to have that extra day each week the last year that I was employed.
ReplyDeletePlans for August? Stay cool! We are now humid here, and it does tend to take the zing from my step. Leaving shortly to meet my girlfriend for a day of kaying at Newport Beach harbor, where I anticipate very still, warm air. Still, beats being at the office. 😊
I've agreed with my employer to work full time between now & the end of September, part-time from October-end of year. I'll be done the first week of January. Very much looking forward to it!
DeleteI don't enjoy the humidity either - it does make it hard to comfortably exercise. Kayaking does sound like a pretty fabulous way to spend the day! - HP
I love all your lists, and then look at mine. Survive the day!
ReplyDeleteHey, survival is also an important option. There are plenty of days when I'm in survival mode! -HP
DeleteThis makes me want/need to make a comprehensive list of what I want to accomplish in August/September and October.
ReplyDelete