Monday, August 10, 2026

Fitness Monday

 Finally, a week with four strength training sessions! I'm very pleased, as that's my overall goal. I'm hoping to see some downward movement on the scale soon. 

Weight: 149.5 - down the pound from last week, which makes me even with my lowest weight of the year. I am also finally feeling like I'm getting back into shape, and focusing on building muscle, so I'm hoping this is a sign that things are trending in the right direction & I'll see some actual downward movement on the scale soon. 

Calories: 1,281/day, so definitely about where I should be for weight loss, as a menopausal woman attempting to lose weight. 

Steps: 11,888 - very close to my goal! Should have tracked this earlier in the week a bit closer, so I could have hit my target.

Workouts:

  • One 60 minute elliptical workout
  • Two days without workouts (in office day + a day I had to go to the tire shop 2x for Sam's car)
  • 4 very hard workout classes (combo of cardio & strength training)
Other health related things:
  • Set up an eye doctor appointment, which I'm required to have every year or so to keep on top of an macular changes, due to a medicine I take. 

Goals for the week:

  • Three strength workouts
  • Staying the course with healthy eating & lots of protein
  • Hitting my step goal for the week, in spite of my trip to Boulder for Nick's move in
What about you? How did you do with your health & fitness goals last week? Any wins to share? 

4 comments:

  1. OOh I am inspired by you! I will start my early morning walks up again this week. The only other wins I have is I no longer stop and pick up food after my weekend shift. That was a bad habit I am happy to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need a nap that about tells you my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like weight is slowly coming off. Scale said two pounds on Friday, which I'll use as my official comparison. I had hooed August, ir my first Friday in September weigh in woukd be an ambitious 10 pounds for motivtion. Thats likely not doable, but keeping the goal in my head helps quiet compuksion to snack when not even hungry. However, I do hope on scale daily but not sure if thats good or bad strategy as I see the fluctuation that's puzzling. I'll keep on with the hip exercises as 50% are for core or just general strength and balance. You're doing so well. Congratulations on that milestone.

    ReplyDelete