Tuesday, August 4, 2026

July Goals Recap

Buckle up, because July was a wild ride! I was in Lake Tahoe for the 4th, work trip to Tokyo, got cellulitis (a foot infection) & couldn't work out & was sick. Then I was at the Oregon coast. I also started a new drug for lupus that had quite an impact on my energy level.

Financial:

  • Stay on top of food waste by using up 3 pantry or freezer items - we had our very hungry house guest & used up some stuff, but I didn't track it at all.  
  • Continue to track net new savings for 2026 - yes, this has continued
  • Give notice at work & set an exit date - YES!!!! This is done
  • Make $100 in side hustle - I made $0 in July, as I had eBay largely shut down due to being in & out of the house & not consistently in town. 
  • Find one expense to optimize - yes, our car insurance. Filled out some low mileage forms & got that submitted. We are saving over $500 this year (take that with a grain of salt, because insuring the boys is extremely pricey). Some of the discount is due to the low mileage, but likely more of it is due to Nick turning 19. 
  • Finalize post work budget & plan - yes, more details on this to come. 

Family:

  • Continue to help the boys navigate college & life - yes. As always, plenty to do here. 
  • Finalize Nick's move back plans - this is sorted, and my mom asked if she could join last week, so I've added her to the trip. Should be fun. She wants to spend as much time with the grandkids and kids as she can while she's still able to comfortably travel. 
  • Monthly date with M - we had several in Lake Tahoe
  • Reschedule family dinner - we've had a few more impromptu dinners lately, which has been really nice.
  • Continue planning for our next big trip (M's 60th) - lots of discussions, but nothing booked. Depending on another friend's 50th birthday trip, we may do the Dolomites in September. 

Fitness:

  • Lose 3 lbs - I'm exactly the same. Not exactly shocked, as I was unable to work out for much of the month & super low energy due to my new medicine. 
  • 10 strength workouts - 3/10, and I'm definitely feeling out of shape.
  • Track nutrition - yes, I've continued to do this. 
  • Average 13,000 step/day - 12,638, which is not too shabby given for almost a week I couldn't wear shoes.

Personal:

  • Do well at Japan external event- session went extremely well. Getting a foot infection was a lot less fun. 
  • Declutter 50 items - 21/50
  • Get together with friends - went for a hike with a friend
  • Try something new - Rented a house for the family & planned out Oregon trip + some work excitement in Japan
  • Say yes to adventures - pretty much same as above. Added my mom to Nick's move out trip, which will be a bit of an adventure
  • Get to know our neighbors - we tried hard to find a date to get together with our neighbors before our kids both go back to college, but couldn't find options that worked. We are getting together for dinner after school starts. 
  • Try a new recipe - I honestly can't remember? 
How did you do with your July goals? 


No comments:

Post a Comment