I'm very jazzed about it being a long weekend, as next week promises to be a challenging week at work, due to some looming organizational changes.
A mini rundown of things I'm up to today..
Travel planning
I've been spending a lot of time working on planning for our next "big" trip, which will be a trip to Italy in September of 2027 for M's 60th birthday! Our current plan is a Dolomites hiking trip (Alta Via 1), followed by relaxing on the coast for a few extra days. The Dolomites lodging (huts along the trail) book up very quickly, so we need to have our itinerary ready to go by October, to hand off to a company that will manage the bookings & plan the routes. I've found it very fun to compare all of the companies, refugios (huts) & options for the trip. M wants to do the full AV1, but we may also do more of a highlights trip, and then cut out slightly earlier. The full hike would take around 8-9 days, and I'm not sure we have that much time to spend. Once you factor in transit time to & from, plus a day of buffer when we arrive, that doesn't leave us much, if any time to spend doing anything else in Italy. So, more to come in this space!
Trying a new recipe
M & I have enjoyed watching the All Recipes videos by "Nicole", who is very practical and fun to watch. So, today I'm going to try a new recipe "Sheet Pan BLT Salads", which looks fun & different from your standard sheet pan recipe.
Workout class
I finally feel like I'm getting back into better shape (although much slower than I used to be while running), and I can feel more definition popping up in my arms, which feels really motivating. I'll be going to my hard workout class this morning (combination of running & strength training, although looks like today's workout also includes rowing). I've been working hard to get to a minimum of four workout classes a week, particularly on weeks that are less busy. Next week will be a challenge, as I have a bunch of in office event. So, may as well make hay while the sun shines this week. Today will be my 4th workout class of the week.
Finalize plans for tomorrow
M & I are going to Point Reyes to hike tomorrow, and do some exploring, as we've never been there. We will also likely stop for a late lunch or early dinner on our way home. I'll get out the day pack, water bladder, electrolytes & set out some snacks + the all important layers & sunblock.
Clean the house
Enough said. As always, all of the fun! ;-) Sam is only working one shift today, so he will also be assigned chores, the lucky duck.
What about you? What are you up to on this long weekend, for those of you in the US?
No comments:
Post a Comment