Here's what my responsibility free weekend would look like. . . . I would:
- Do two long runs, catch up on my training plan, & maybe hit a yoga or pilates class at the gym
- Get a massage
- Get a pedicure
- Do a little window shopping, especially for things like shoes, that my kids cannot stand looking at
- Catch up on my freezer meals & get a bunch of meals stashed away
- Bake muffins & breads for the freezer
- Try my hand at homemade tortillas. I've been dying to try a recipe, but never have time.
- Finish my taxes! I know - it's not very fun, but it's really hard to get this done with the kids at home.
- Take a bath. Maybe multiple baths.
- Read my book.
- Watch romantic comedies
- Sit in a coffee shop & people watch for an hour, while sipping my latte
- Meet a girl friend for dinner/drinks.
Of course, that's nothing like what my weekend will actually look like, but a girl's got to dream. :-) Here's what's really on the list for the weekend.
- One long run, assuming my lungs are recovered from my cold
- Maybe getting the time to add 1-2 freezer meals to our stash
- Taking the kids to soccer practice
- Taking the kids skiing on Sunday
- Various meal preparations
- Homework assistance
- House cleaning
Happy Friday! And, I finally figured out how to turn off the comment validation (you having to enter those crazy word phrases when you want to comment), so I hope that makes things easier!