Monday, February 3, 2014

Menu Plan Monday

It's that time of the week again. As my schedule gets busier, it's more important than ever to meal plan, inventory the freezer, and stay on track.

I'm embarrassed to confess that I had a really terrible shopping trip on Saturday. Normally, I follow all of the frugal "rules", and check my stores before I shop. Yeah, sadly not this week. I didn't do the majority of the cooking, due to late work nights, and made assumptions without checking my outside fridge (we have two). Oh my. I wasted a good $18-$20. I'll try to double up our consumption on some of those items, but there's only so much lettuce you can eat, or milk the boys can drink. ;-) It was a great reminder that being organized still needs to be top of mind. Sometimes, I take for granted that I'm all over what I need to do to be frugal, and then I do something like this.


  • Sunday - Lubia polo (for reals, this time. I've bumped it so many times!)
  • Monday - Leftover meatloaf & mashed potatoes
  • Tuesday - Tacos & homemade guacamole
  • Wednesday - leftover lubia polo
  • Thursday - Pasta with red pepper sauce (adults only on the sauce) + grilled chicken (freezer)
  • Friday - Leftover tacos
  • Saturday - Homemade pizza
  • Sunday - Oven baked chicken risotto with chicken, butternut squash, and goat cheese.
What about you? What's on your menu for the week? What frugal tips do you use when you shop & plan your menus? 

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, cut yourself some slack. You are working 60-70 hours a week. We've all went shopping without checking to see exactly what we had first. Your menu sounds delicious. I hope your week goes better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree give yourself a break. With your crazy work weeks I think it is understandable not to check what you have at home. I have been slacking with my menu planning in the past couple of weeks also. Your menu looks good for the week!

    ReplyDelete