Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September Goal Setting

I love the return of fall, back to school, and new schedules!

September is always a month of organizing & planning for us. Here's what I hope to accomplish.

  1. Fitness-related:
    1. Lose 2 pounds - bringing my weight to 143. We're going to Hawaii in November, & I want to be feeling great!
    2. Track my calories every day in MyFitnessPal
    3. Complete 1000 minutes of cardio
    4. Complete 8 strength workouts
    5. Complete 6 stretch workouts. This is critical. I'm really sore after spending all day at the office
    6. Start/complete all half marathon training plan runs for the month.
  2. Finance-related:
    1. Finish reworking our budget to take into account yearly categories (vs solely focusing on monthly numbers)
    2. Stick to our budget!
    3. File all paperwork.
    4. Rework childcare budget for 2015, with nanny & summer camps finalized.
    5. Finalize 2015 travel budget, schedule, price out trips, etc.
  3. Personal
    1. Complete Tokyo with as minimal impact to my family as possible.
    2. Plan one social event with friends.
    3. At least one date night with M.
    4. Continue to rework my work schedule to better accommodate evening meetings (consolidate them all into one evening to minimize disruption to my life).
    5. Use or freeze all fresh produce from the garden.
    6. Read 5 books.
    7. Every Sunday, review week ahead and do the following (this is critical to "during the work week" sanity!)
      1. Menu plan
      2. Organize pickup/drop off schedule
      3. Coordinate after hours meeting
      4. Consolidate meetings, etc. 
      5. Organize any carpools
That should do it! This is a month that's back to "normal". No personal travel plans until November, but I do have my work trip to Tokyo. I'm hoping to be able to get my $110 passport processing fee back. We shall see.

What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish for September? 

2 comments:

  1. Tokyo? That would be super exciting! We are just trying to get in the swing of things with back to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was excited about the trip, but . .. I'm just not. I'm not a fan of business travel, and worry about the jet lag & lack of sleep & the implications for my lupus. But, I've put this off for so long, it's a must do at this point. :-( Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly!

      Delete