- Stay relaxed. I'm not a big international traveler, and this is a very stressful week of really challenging meetings.
- Get as much rest as possible. Last time I came home, I was really ill.
- Eat well, & get some exercise!
- Enjoy the trip as much as I can. See the three above. ;-)
- Use any downtime to clean up my budget & get some personal finances coordinated.
- Avoid spending any personal money, save for a small souvenir for the kids. This should be easy.
- Figure out our tax plan. This could be an entirely separate post (and will be), but we just heard back from the accountant, and we owe. . . a LOT. We need to both figure out where to come up with the money, as well as make major changes to our withholdings for the year.
- Finalize our travel budget for the year. I need to attend a memorial service, and I'm reworking a planned trip that will result in more flights, but is the best thing for the kids. All of this means I need to completely re-look at our 2015 travel budget & make some tradeoffs.
That's all for now, and here's the view from my hotel room!