- The boys went to overnight summer camp in the mountains, and had an amazing (and filthy dirty) time. ;-) Just as little boys should.
- We went to Portland last weekend to see my family, and for the boys to participate in a big mountain biking event for Father's Day. My dad loved it!
- The boys are staying with my parents, & went for a hike at Mt. St. Helens - it's absolutely beautiful to see how the land is recovering after the eruption. As someone who lived through it, it's lovely to see how resilient it is.
- I'm headed out on vacation to the beach with the boys! My favorite place - can't wait. M will join us for the end of the trip.
Here are a few of my goals through the end of the month/vacation:
- Stay on track financially. I've been helped greatly by not having the kids eat at home (they were at camp & with my parents). But, M & I ate a few meals out (no sitter required!), which offset the savings. I am also giving my parents a bit of money to help offset a trip they are taking with the boys.
- Make creative meals, use up what we have, & eat well.
- Stay on track with my weight, specifically lose 2 more pounds to be in the 143 range.
- Continue to do strength training every day.
- Work out for a minimum of 60 minutes every day on my vacation.
- Read lots of books. I made a last minute pit stop at the library last night to stock up.
- No working (post today, of course, as it's a work day :)) & relax & enjoy the time with my family.
Boys on their hike:
The four cousins getting ready for an epic bike tournament:
And, my parents house looking a lot like a park on an amazing & beautiful Saturday. Cars & tiny people headed included as size context for the trees. :-)
We don't have internet at our vacation house (intentionally - keeps everyone from working), but I can hopefully update using my phone & stay in touch a bit more. Hope everyone is have a fantastic summer!