It's now or never for posting the results of my May goals. As it is, I've nearly forgotten what happened last month. ;-)
- Stick to our budget - We were over by $1200. Mostly due to childcare. There were three pay periods for our nanny in May, plus I had to pay $150 for a soccer camp. The childcare overage was $985. The rest were small budget busters across a variety of other categories.
- Save $1,500, in addition to our stock vests -Yes, I saved $2,000.
- Put $500/each in the boys college funds - Done!
- Have a date night with M - Done!
- Decide if M & I are going on a mini vacation. If so, book. For real this time. ;-) - Decided. We opted to do a bunch of date nights when the kids are at camps/with my parents, and save our money for next year.
- Book M's flights to the beach for the 4th of July - Done!
- Plan/take a vacation over the long Memorial Day break - it turns out that we have to go to a soccer tournament on that weekend, so no mini break, unfortunately. We'll reschedule for another time. Money was saved, and we will find another time to go.
- Lose 4 pounds (trying to be realistic, as I'll be on vacation for a few days) - I lost 1 & 1/2 a pound in May, and my clothes are starting to fit a lot better. Woohoo!
- Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables - Finished with 4.19 servings/day, so trending in the right direction! I'll take it!
- Complete 5 stretching workouts (yoga or pilates) - Finished the month with 6!
- Complete 7 strength workouts - Right on the money, with 7
- Complete 800 minutes of cardio - Crushing it with all of that biking!! 1350 minutes. Significantly more than any month in the past couple of years
- Average 1350 calories/day - Finished with a daily average of 1465. My cardio hopefully offset some of this, but I need to continue to monitor this.
- Follow a training plan, find a race, and run 10 times. - With the biking, had less time (and energy) for running, but I did run 6 times, and registered for a half marathon
- Maximum of one late night/week - had one week with two nights, but cut my attendance in both meetings to 30 minutes each.
- Work from home at least three Fridays this month - Managed to get two this month.
- Read four books - yes!
- Get together with a friend - yes! Went with a friend to see a documentary about kids & screen time. It was fascinating. And, scary. And also got in a 2.5 hour hike with the same friend
Altogether, it was a pretty great month. My sights for June are focused on continuing to declutter & organize our house, in advance of our move next year. What about you? How did you do with your May goals?