Thursday, December 21, 2017

2018 Goals

As I do every year, I'm setting a variety of goals that I'll reflect on & tackle over the course of the year. And, the "Big Goals" for 2018 are called out in appropriately bigger font. :-)

I like the five buckets I use, as they keep me reasonably in balance. As with everything in life, there are seasons where I spend more time on what bucket vs the other.

1) Financial:
  • Build/follow a 2018 "interim budget" (until I leave my job) & a 2018 "post-job budget", after.
  • Save another $125K before I quit
  • Every month, come up with a new way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis.
  • Model out a 3, 5 & 10 year financial plan

2) Family - Spend more time together as a family!
  • Do a minimum of one fun activity/month with the kids. This can be family puzzle night, cooking dinner together, board games, going out somewhere, etc. 
  • Be more present with the kids & M - play games, minimize computer time, exercise together, etc. 
  • Have two dates with M per month (one lunch, one evening) 

    3) Fitness/health - Lose 20 pounds, bringing my weight to 135. 
    • Make running a consistent part of my life. Build & follow a training plan, & run a half marathon.
    • Eat five servings of fruit & vegetables (combined) per day
    • Get back to more actively tracking my calories, at least until I start to see a consistent weight drop
    • Complete 10,000 minutes of cardio
    • Complete 100 strength workouts.
    • Complete 75 stretching workouts. Make yoga a consistent part of my life. 

    4) Work/career - Improve my work life balance.
    • Keep better perspective at work/reduce stress (until I leave)
    • Determine an end date for my job. Tentatively scheduled for end of June. And then, quit my job. Really. Do. This. 

      5) Personal/creative - Spend more time on myself/creative pursuits.
      • Learn how to cut my own hair
      • Learn how to make yogurt
      • Make time for my friends. Do something social at least once per month.
      • Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month.
      • Complete a Dream Bio (stolen from Frugalwoods)

      That's it for me. I'm SUPER excited for 2018. It's going to be a great year. I'm going to carve out time for my Dream Bio in early January, to set the stage for the year ahead. What about you? What are your goals for 2018? 

      1 comment:

      1. You can make yogurt in a crockpot. I asked for a yogurt maker on freecycle and was given one that looked new.

        ReplyDelete