Friday, June 8, 2018

Frugal Friday

And, the end is school is here! This week was complete with lots of crazy, but we still had a few frugal wins.


  • Dried bulky items outside in the beautiful sunshine. One of our post school & soccer tasks is to empty & wash all bags, and put them away for the following school year/soccer season.
  • Used a freebie hotel offer for a getaway weekend when the boys are at summer camp. So excited to have a weekend away with M!
  • Booked the flights for above weekend by first going through ebates to Raise.com & buying Southwest gift cards. All told, I saved about $18 off a $450 purchase. So, maybe one drink in Las Vegas? ;-) 
  • Despite the crazy schedule, made dinner & leftovers into new dinners.
  • Submitted my Tokyo expenses promptly, so I can get paid for my out of pocket costs. 
  • Found $10 in a pair of jeans I was getting ready to donate to the Goodwill.
  • And, my biggest win of the week. Yesterday I went to the local grocery store to get a gift card for a birthday party Nick is attending. I noticed that Home Depot gift cards came with a Starbucks bonus card. So, I bought a $300 Home Depot gift card & earned a $90 Starbucks gift card. What a deal! So excited. 
That's it from our end. What about you? Have you had any frugal wins this week?

1 comment: