Monday, June 4, 2018

May goals recap

Let's look back & see how I did on my May goals. Hint: not as well as I would have liked, with two weeks of the month spent on international business trips, and then feeling a lot of jet lag between the trips. I'm hoping June will be much stronger, although I'll be away from home for nearly 3 weeks. But, for vacation + work training, so still a derailment of my normal schedule. Here's how things went in May.

Onward to all of my goals for June!

Financial:

  • Keep dining out to $150  - This was a major fail, as we spent just under $450. $75 of that was to refill a Starbucks card (earned a reward) for our road trip in July. But, the rest was a crazy expensive date night + M taking the boys out a couple while I was traveling. We need to keep this way in check in June. 
  • Come up with one way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - We are planning to cancel our Amazon prime membership, and I called to reduce our car insurance & home insurance by making a few small tweaks. 
  • Earn another $100 in sidehustle money. Split this between college money for the kids, & an extra payment on our vacation house mortgage. - I made $26 in May. I have two things to sell, but because of my travel schedule, didn't have time to get them listed on eBay. (Was afraid they would sell & I'd need to mail them while I was traveling. 
Family:

  • Have one family evening together: cooking dinner, board games, etc  - We had a family evening making dinner & watching a movie. 
  • Have a date night with my husband - Yes, we had a great time. It was too expensive, but we enjoyed ourselves. Will look for cheaper alternatives next time. 
  • Continue financial help (knowledge, not money) with sister & friend - I accomplished nothing on this one. 
  • Finalize June trips for myself & M. This was previously complete, but a change of plans means I'm back to evaluating our options & rebooking.  - Done. 
  • Decide on Thanksgiving plans (if any). - Done. 

Fitness/health:
  • Complete another full round of 21 Day Fix - I finished 17/21 days. I'm actually okay with this, as I didn't have my DVDs/equipment when I was traveling, & did several doubled up days to hit this number. 
  • Eat 5.5 servings a day of fruit & veggies - No, I was at 3.87. Traveling really hurts this one for me. 
  • Lose 3 pounds - I lost 1/2 of one pound. 
  • Run at least 8 times - I ran 2x. 
  • Go on 4 bike rides (I'm doing a family biking event in June)  - I went on 1 bike ride. 
Work:
  • Work from home 3 days - Yes. 
  • Take two classes that I need for a work opportunity - Have decided to pass on the opportunity right now, as ironically, it requires me to give up my work from home day, and I'm unwilling to do that at the moment. 

Personal/creative:

  • Make one new recipe - nope. Not a lot of cooking time in May. 
  • Spend time with a friend - had lunch with a friend. 
  • Volunteer at least 1x - no, but have it on the schedule for this week!
  • Read a goal book ("Wishcraft".) Hoping to get some clarity on what I want to do when I'm done working at this job. - Nope. 

What about you? How did you do with your goals for May? Any big wins? 

No comments:

Post a Comment