Saturday, November 23, 2019

Saturday happenings

We joined a gym! I'm super excited, as I love workout classes, & want the flexibility to work out on weekends. I have access to a gym, but it's at the office & not close to our house. There are also no workout classes. So, this is big news. While I try to balance saving vs spending, I decided to use part of my raise for the gym, and a slight wardrobe upgrade. Nothing serious, but I would like to dial up my clothing a bit. I've been in a bit of a rut, and it shows. So, I've ordered some things online, & hope I'll end up liking at least a few pieces.

Nick & I went to the gym to get our membership cards last night. We got in a quick workout, but I needed to take it pretty easy, as I have stitches from having a mole removed. It was a very unpleasant process, and was deemed as pre-melanoma, so the doctor had to go quite deep to remove all of the margins. Tuesday & Wednesday were quite painful. I'm starting to feel better, but even walking on the treadmill (slowly) bothered me a bit yesterday.

Here's what's on the agenda for this lovely Saturday, ahead of an entire week off of school for the kids:
  1. Decide whether the boys need new passport photos (we took them a while ago, and are just now getting around to the passport applications)
  2. Fill out passport applications
  3. Make grocery list & menu
  4. Help Sam organize his work for the week ahead (catching up on school work)
  5. Laundry
  6. Buy ingredients for the holiday bread I bake
  7. Come up with a holiday plan for all of the items I need to purchase (decided on ideas for the kids, etc)
  8. Buy holiday giving tree gifs
  9. Return books to the library
  10. Decide on dinner. I'm leaning towards naan pizzas (kids) + cauliflower crust pizza (adults). This will use up several items lingering in the fridge. Particularly if we top with the pepperoni M impulse purchased. ;-)
What about you? What's happening at your house this Saturday?

1 comment:

  1. I just got out of the shower after doing some icky cleaning, so a quick read of a few blogs before joining my Mother-in-law to go to my nephews basketball game. IT will be a 3 hour blip in my productivity, but I've tackled some good stuff. I'm sorry your procedure left you with pain-hope you feel better as the weekend goes on.

    ReplyDelete