Monday, January 18, 2021

Bonus Monday

 We had a lovely day yesterday, with another day of beautiful weather. It's certainly not normal to have a 75+ day in January, but we enjoyed it when it happened.

I got a ton of stuff done yesterday, but we also enjoyed our day off. M & I picked up our wine delivery, and sat outside for a bit (at our own house, the winery is closed except for contactless trunk pick up), drinking a glass of wine together. A neighbor posted that she had 200 (!) lemons & we were welcome to as many as we wanted. We took a couple of small bags & now have Meyer lemons galore at the house. I'm excited & have plans for them today. 

M also cut both kids hair, & they are looking decidedly less shaggy. Nick made dinner (Warm Taco Slaw) & I made muffins for the freezer. 

We've been watching Cobra Kai in the evenings, & Sam in particular has enjoyed it. 

What am I planning to do today, on this bonus Monday?

  • I'm making a sesame orange chicken dish for dinner
  • I also want to pickle the last of the jalapenos
  • And, make lemon curd & possibly limoncello
  • I need to make more vanilla
  • And, work out
  • I have to package & mail an eBay sale
  • I didn't get to deep cleaning the kitchen yesterday, and figured I should wait until I was done with all of my cooking today. 
  • We will also talk at dinner tonight about the significance of this day, as it unfortunately has much applicability in our current life 
If time permits, we may go somewhere for the kids to ride bikes, while M & I walk. 

I hope you all have a lovely day. Share what you're up to.

8 comments:

  1. Even though I am doing work work, it does feel like a small repite today, while I watch a couple different programs for MLK Day. Not 75, but we have not had the bitter weather yet this winter,though the thaw and freeze makes walks a bit harder. We watched Cobra Kai as well-I was an original KK fan, but I was disappointed with the direction of the third season-got too heavy and not as fun as the first season, but then I am old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we've made it into the third season yet, but there is certainly plenty of drama. Sam describes the relationship elements as "total cringe". ;-) Such a teen boy!

      Delete
  2. My husband loves KK and has tried to get me into it. You'd think I would, being a black belt in Taekwondo... But too many other things to do and watch.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and making food suggestions! I see we have mutual friends. :)
    and I'm so jealous that you're in a warm climate with beautiful surroundings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likewise! We definitely have been lucky with the weather. January is usually known for gloomy skies & rain!

      Delete
  3. That Meyer lemon haul sounds absolutely lovely! We've been considering adding a lemon tree to our yard, but I only want a dwarf tree. I am unwilling to deal with a normal sized tree.

    We had a nice outing on a trail today and I baked a tray of cornbread, that's the most we can manage in our lives for now but I really hope that I can find a good string of recipes to try this month. My appetite is pretty poor these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very happy you were able to get outside & make corn bread. Both sound wonderful. Here's hoping your appetite returns!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I had lemon curd in my yogurt & granola this morning & it was delightful! No lemon pie, but I have ten pounds to drop, so it's not in the cards. ;-)

      Delete