Monday, March 1, 2021

February Goals Recap

 And with that, another month is over! I'd describe February as pretty good, overall.


Financial:

  • Stick to the budget - we were $25 over our grocery budget, and quite a bit over our dining out budget (two birthdays, a dinner out, and a wine tasting). We did well outside of that. And, I can add the $2k ski passes back to the budget, which more than makes up for the other categories.
  • Make $400 in side hustle - this wasn't the month for me to make much, apparently. I ended the month at $168.30, although I did help Nick sell both of his bikes. 
  • No clothing purchases for myself - done
  • Plan next house project - we had the exterior of the house painted, & we love it!
  • Close on our refi - done
  • Pay our mortgage to the 1/2 way point - we thought we'd get there over the weekend, but we're still waiting for the new bank on getting our account set up. 
Family:
  • Plan one fun activity with the kids - we went to Santa Cruz for a day, I took the kids mini golfing, & M took Sam to the zoo
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening - mostly, yes. I had one late night of work
  • One date with M per month - we crushed this, and are making up for lost time, now that outdoor dining is back in our area. We went on several walks, went to a wine tasting when picking up our wine shipment, and went to dinner. 
  • Make a video for M's parents - I sent photos for Sam's birthday
  • Plan a fun ski week - it went as well as could be expected, and we weaved in some fun treats (lunches out, mini golfing, zoo, etc) 
Fitness/Health
  • Lose 2.5 lbs - I lost 3.3 lbs, despite it being a shorter month, and one with lots of celebrations
  • Run 8 times - I ran 9 times
  • Track calories, eat a balanced diet - yes, other than planned splurge days
  • Complete 1,100 minutes of cardio & daily February strength & posture challenges - I hit 1,580 minutes of cardio, & missed a few days of strength/posture, but made them up. My strength & posture numbers are so much better by doing 10 minutes a day, vs trying for a 30 minute workout several times per week. 
  • Meditate 15 times - I meditated 16 times
  • Intermittent fast 2x/week - yes, I'm now IFing on M, W, F

Personal/Creative:

  • Practice Spanish at least 20 days - yes
  • Do something social with friends - yes, I've been doing hiking and have had a couple of virtual happy hours 
  • Continue daily checkins & support of volunteer job - yes
  • Write & journal regularly. Try fiction writing for at least 30 minutes. - Yes, I journal almost daily, and did some fiction writing as well. I enjoy it, but find I need to have plenty of time. If I rush, I'm not creative at all. :-) 
  • No swearing - I had 2 or 3 curses, but that's huge for me, and tremendous progress
  • Make 2 hats for the homelesss - I haven't finished my hat
  • Continue looking for opportunities to help others - yes
  • Achieve a total of 400 "points" on my daily checklists - yes! I was at 402, and this system has made me much more efficient & goal oriented on a daily basis. 


All in all, I'll consider February a successful month. What about you? How did you do in February with your goals? 

12 comments:

  1. You did great job on meeting your February goas! Way to go!

    I hit most of mine, so I am happy abut that. Now to conquer March goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Yes, ha, on to March! :-) It's a longer month, so maybe I'll be a bit more ambitious.

      Delete
  2. Great month! Congrats on a huge pile of successes.

    Question: I did a search for this point system you note and nothing came up except this post? Can you point us to it? I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle. I wrote a bit about it here. https://thehawaiiplan.blogspot.com/2021/01/checklists-templates-getting-more.html

      I've tweaked it a bit, but basically each day is worth between 15-17 points. I add up how many I achieve at the end of each week, and then track at the monthly level. This is my second month using the daily list, but my first month tracking overall points. It's been really useful & motivating.

      Delete
  3. Look at all that green! Way to go! You had a fantastic month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm finding that the daily consistency really adds up

      Delete
  4. You had a great month! Lots and lots of green and no red.
    Some months just cost a bit more than others and that is just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm enjoying the consistency from my daily tracking - it's helping me achieve the goals for sure.

      Delete
  5. You had a bang up month my friend and I am jealous at your losing weight. I keep trying and then I find myself going for chocolate. Need to rediscover my will power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd really be struggling if I were in the office. Being at home means limited temptation. And, I'm out of chocolate at the moment, which is helping!

      Delete
  6. We survived! :D

    I also completed support for 2 more groups(? not sure what to call them since they're not always full families) that we supported in our Lakota Giving project which was great.

    I started a 5th ahead of funding (oops). That's ok, I will figure that out in March. I mean...now! :D

    ReplyDelete