Sunday, September 19, 2021

Fall Sunday

 This is absolutely my favorite time of the year, when there is no wildfire smoke. Fingers crossed. It's overcast & may actually rain here, after months & months (& months) of sun. 

I'm planning to take a break from work today (hurrah) & putter around a bit before I take Sam to his game. We had the loveliest evening last night. Dinner was fabulous, the kids were chatty about their days, and then they ended up playing a game together in the evening. COVID was pretty hard on their relationship, and it's been hard to see them not spend time together. I know that is a natural part of growing up, but we were so lucky for the first 12+ years, where they got along exceptionally well. Hearing them laughing & chatting when we went to bed was such a treat. 

Here's what's on the agenda today:

  • Laundry. It's an almost daily activity, when you have four people who work out every day, and one who wears a PE uniform, and two soccer players (game uniforms, etc). 
  • Make zucchini muffins. Defrosted a package of shredded zucchini from the freezer
  • Make salsa verde (roast tomatillos?)
  • Run
  • Take Sam to his game (pick up bonus kid)
  • Arrange soccer schedule for the week
  • Call my parents
  • Have Nick sign up for more reffing games
  • Sam to study for drivers test & PSATs
  • Both boys - homework
  • Make homemade bread (Nick)
  • Review work schedule for the week
  • List the two items from my closet on eBay
  • Clean fridge
That's it from my side. What are you up to today? Hope you have a fabulous day!

4 comments:

  1. We had a decent Saturday so I'm hoping for more of the same today: some fun, some rest, some chores. I need to go to the store and to prep some chicken, I hope PiC will go for a run, I'd like to do some correspondence (snail mail!), make a few decisions about holiday gifts, and lay down for an hour or two. Plus feed everyone as usual of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get a chance to rest between all of the productivity! My husband started running during COVID, and he's so good about building it into his routine. I'm a bit jealous, as I talked him into starting, and now he's way more consistent than me. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I have had trouble concentrating on anything for any length of time today. I did work on a few projects, pull the recycling out to be collected and make supper. Now I am tired out from doing so little.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you really need those days! Hope you are feeling energized tomorrow.

      Delete