Friday, November 26, 2021

A relaxing Friday

Thanksgiving was so nice yesterday. We are all a bit under the weather (no COVID, luckily, as we have tests from work we can use that allow us to make sure), but otherwise, it was a great day. 

We ran a 5k in the morning (Sam, with an 18:50 finish, to make the rest of us look bad). I beat my goal, which was still reasonably slow, but all I felt up to with a runny nose & all. We bumped into friends at the race, and enjoyed the sunshine.

After the run, we started cooking, and prepped our dinner. I ran to Rite Aid to pick up a few Black Friday offers (they were sold out of most things already) & then Sam met up with friends for a game in the park. We all had dinner, chatted about what we were thankful for, and then went to bed early. Sam & I were in bed at 8, thanks to our colds. 

I slept in a bit today, we made muffins, & then I took the kids to a climbing gym to use up a gift card. I went to a yoga class in the same gym, which was a great way to kill two birds with one stone. It's not cheap, but was a great way for everyone to get in some active time, & I was afraid this place would go out of business during COVID. It's great to see that they made it. 

We picked up lunch at Subway (free, with a gift card) & then tried to find Sam a referee uniform at the local soccer store. No such luck. They only have size Men's XXL, and Sam is, at best, a Men's Small. I prefer to shop at the local stores when possible, but it will have to be Amazon for this purchase. 

We also put up our tree & decorations (not the outdoor lights yet, though), so it was a very full day. 

I came home & washed all of the sheets & we will all have fresh beds for tonight. I love that feeling! 

I'll heat up leftover lasagna, and make some garlic bread out of leftover hamburger buns. It should be all good. I hope everyone had a relaxing & productive day today!


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a nice day and fresh sheets too. That is a great feeling. I hope you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh sheets for the win!!!!! Love them!!!!Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a good long holiday weekend. I'm waiting for my daughter to be done at urgent care/ walk in. She was ignoring an issue with both her bug toes, and worry she may have infection. I'd rather be washing and drying sheets for a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like getting between nice fresh sheets.

    Hope your weekend was a great one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always joked if I was rich and had a maid I’d have fresh sheets everyday (which I won’t ha!) it just feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very excellent blog post. I am thankful for your blog post. I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post.
    Hawaii

    ReplyDelete