Saturday, September 16, 2023

Saturday Happenings

It was a long, long travel day yesterday. We sat on the runway for 5 hours in Tokyo, due to a thunder & lightning storm. My back was already hurting before we took off, which was not a good sign with a long flight still ahead. I got home much later than planned, but did a load of laundry, unpacked & made dinner with M before I went to bed. I slept for 12 hours (!) last night, and then got up & went to my workout class. My body protested a bit, but it definitely gave me some energy that I desperately need. 

Here's what's on the to do list for today 

  • Workout class (done)
  • Pedicure (I'm losing 2 nails & need professional help ahead of my trip)
  • Start packing for France
  • Figure out where ants are coming from (plus, spray for ants, put out new ant traps)
  • Clean closet
  • Wash spare bed sheets
  • Vacuum
  • Bathrooms
  • Clean kitchen
  • Laundry
  • Make a menu plan
  • Go to Nick's soccer game
  • Costco list
  • Trader Joes
  • Grocery store
  • Sort out toiletry list with friends (we'll each bring items, so we don't duplicate)
  • Finalize one last France travel detail
Anything that doesn't get done today will swap over to tomorrow. What about you? What's on your to do list today?

6 comments:

  1. Lawd have mercy. I have driven five hours to work, after flying into Atlanta from out West visiting grands after a flight was delayed, but your list takes the cake… lol.I vote for you to maybe get groceries for week, takeout for today, go to kid’s game, and I would call that good….. your list makes me exhausted and wanting to take a nap….lol. I just walked an hour at River park as usual on weekends, and discussing the football game with my kid. I cooked for him but I have not flown halfway around the world like you did yesterday !!! After looking at your typical work schedule in Japan, no wonder you never really got to see much of the country while working! Dinner work meals… oh nooooo. I need my downtime time to regroup after “peopling” with work folks. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for the faint of heart for sure. M went to Costco, I went to Trader Joes. One soccer game is cancelled, so I'll go to the other one. I think M is making dinner, and I've made good progress on the laundry. and, got a pedicure, where I almost fell asleep!

      Delete
  2. I am with Cindy. Do self care and whatever is necessary for the trip. Let everything else go.__anne in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house is absolutely filthy (I didn't clean it last weekend, as I only had one day before my flight), so the bare minimum must be done on that front. But, given I only slept a few hours last night, it's going to truly be the minimum!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, 5 hours on the runway, ugh! And then you came home and did laundry and made dinner. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did NOT enjoy the extra time on the runway. But, made it home!

      Delete