Sunday, August 9, 2026

Menu Plan

 Another week with plenty going on, as we help Nick get ready to go back to school.

  • Friday - mostly from Trader Joes: teriyaki meatballs, soyaki sauce, peanut salad slaw, and then leftover rice
  • Saturday - grilled chicken + rice
  • Sunday - Nick & I are having dinner with one of his friend's mom, as a thank you for us hosting her son many times. Which is super sweet. No idea what's on the menu. I asked what I could bring, but was told no. I will probably bring flowers, as I'm not sure she's a wine drinker. 
  • Monday - ground beef tacos
  • Tuesday - leftover grilled chicken + rice
  • Wednesday - leftover tacos
  • Thursday - any remaining leftovers
  • Friday - I'll be in Boulder with my mom, Nick, my BFF & her family. I will pay for takeout or something at my BFF's house, as a thank you to her for storing Nick's stuff all summer, and letting us crash at her place on Friday night. 
That's it from our side. What's on your menu this week? Are you trying anything new? 

2 comments:

  1. Firstly, I hope your Boulder trip is wonderful!

    And as a hostess, I always appreciate flowers. Always.

    On our menu this week are two things that should both be cook-once, eat twice items, and both from my go-to home cooking recipe book, One Pan Wonders by ATK/Cook's Country. Pork stir fry and lemon roasted chicken breast with fingerling potatoes. I don't tend to eat much dinner these days, so often my cook-once eat-twice approach stretches to eat-thrice. My husband never ever complains, he just continues to say he loves my home cooking, bless his heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have planned leftovers into the menu. Makes life so much easier on busy days. And flowers for Sunday sound perfect, such a sweet gesture. Hope Nick has a great start back at school! Liuba

    ReplyDelete