Ooof, we got back yesterday evening & I'm all feeling all of the Monday vibes this week! It was a struggle this morning, particularly because I had to be up even earlier than normal to get to the office by 7:30. What a way to kick off the day!
It's also my official start to part time (I'll be working just Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays until the end of the year, when I'll then be done). No one knows about this yet, but I will be telling my team this week, so things are going to get interesting very quickly! It will be so nice to have everyone aware, and be able to start transitioning work, etc.
I'm working on a trip recap for our vacation, so stay tuned for that.
A few frugal wins for today:
- There were plenty of electric charging spots available at the crack of dawn this morning, which means I will get 4 hours of free car charging
- Breakfast is free (if you don't order hot food), so I had a Chobani yogurt + a sprinkle of granola & grabbed a banana for later
- Someone left out a box of Puff protein bars with a "free" sign in the break room. I've wanted to try those, so I now have one to try before I buy my own.
- We are in that glorious time of the year where we need no heat or A/C. We had a very moderate summer, and only used the A/C maybe 8 days. I'm hoping we can last until the end of October for the heat, but who knows!
- We installed a new water monitor when we had all of our plumbing issues a few weeks ago. Our water is very expensive & our bills are high. We are hoping this helps us really hone in on our usage & conserve & save money. More to come here!
Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
I didn't know you were cutting back to part time. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteYes, and I'm so thrilled! - HP
DeleteWorking three days a week is my schedule, too. I wish the days were not so long, but having four, and sometimes 5, days off is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThat is lovely, Gina, although I do know your days are long. Hopefully the gaps allow you time to recover between shifts. - HP
DeleteIt has been a lovely, if cool morning here. I am managing to get things done and even got a few of tomorrow's tasks done as well.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Nice work, Jackie! You are getting ahead. - HP
DeleteGlad you are beginning your wind down phase at work. I just hope part time does not mean excessively hard work days the days you are there.
ReplyDeleteI share your concern, Anne.One of the reasons I opted for two full days off (my manager wanted me to work M-F, half days), was so that I could sleep in on Thursdays & Fridays & truly relax a bit, go to my morning workout class, etc. I knew if I did half days, it would result in my working later & later to get the work done.- HP
Delete