Saturday, September 19, 2026

Weekly Spending

 Another expensive week, although the big purchase (aside from the ongoing plumbing projects) is a Christmas gift, and our Christmas budget is planned for in our annual budget. 

September 11th-September 17th

  • Friday - bought Nick his ski season pass for his Christmas gift, using the college discount, on the last day of the sale before the prices go up - $899.00
  • Saturday - groceries at Costco - $139.70
  • Sunday - additional groceries (including some hiking snacks for our upcoming trip) at Trader Joes - $41.02
  • Monday - two sump pump monitors, to ensure we know if they go out again, and don't cause damage - $233.71
  • Tuesday - no spend day. 
  • Wednesday - bought M's anniversary gift, which was car wash supplies/tools - $260. 
  • Thursday - no spend day.

Made $12.18 on an eBay sale

Total net spend for the week = $1559.45. Yikes! Another expensive week, but two gifts in there, as well as the ongoing fun of house projects & expenses related to that. 

I don't think I'll keep up the weekly spend tracking forever, but it's certainly eye opening when I do it! 

2 comments:

  1. I am keeping up with mine now, but not posting it. It has been shocking a couple of weeks. There have been several unusual expenses these past few weeks. but I have also bought a few personal items for fall. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the ski
    Pass is a fantastic Christmas gift for your son! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete