Here are my September goals. How did I do?
- Lose 4 pounds. I started 2012 at 150, and I'm currently at 143.5. I'd like to break into the 130s! - Yikes. I gained on our Las Vegas trip, & I'm still trying to stabilize my weight. I'm at 144.8 right now.
- Track all of my food & exercise in My Fitness Pal. - Yes, with the exception of when we were on vacation. I'll give myself a pass. ;-)
- Complete 1,000 minutes of cardio, & complete 5 each of strength & stretching workouts. - This month was my lowest cardio total this year. Too much work, not enough time. I'm getting up at 5:00 am to correct this. I completed 765 cardio minutes, 5 strength, & 3 stretching.
- Spend $0 on clothing/makeup for myself. I may need new running shoes, but that remains TBD. - I allowed for a few splurges when I got my bonus, & bought myself less than $100 worth of clothes. I'm okay with this.
- Pay off our credit card bill. We have a small balance that we've been carrying over, but my September bonus will clear this. - Done!
- Buy the boys 5 tuition credits each. - Done!
- Pay $3000 off on the principal of our 2nd mortgage. - We crushed this by paying just over $10,000 extra.
- Consult with a resume service. Did I mention that I'm looking for a new job, after 15 years with the same company? :-) - Yes! I now have a revised resume.
- Investigate job market in Portland. Oh, and a potential relocation? :-) - I've made progress by researching jobs, and sending out my resume to a few places.
- Have one date night with M. - Done!
- Stick to budget for my mom's birthday trip. My sister & I are taking her to Las Vegas for her 60th. My budget is $2000. (Disclaimer - That's what remains - I've already purchased flights, etc). - We spent closer to $4000, but I offset this by my gambling winnings.
- Clean all of the closets in our house. They are a wreck! - What was I thinking - every closet in the house? I did 4, & feel like a hero. :-)
- Bonus goal - meal plan every week in September. - Done! It made my life so much easier during the week.
I haven't given too much thought to October, but there's no time like the present. :-)
- Lose 3 lbs. I'm currently at 144.8, so I'd like to close down the month at 141.8
- Continue to track all of my eating in My Fitness Pal.
- Avoid snacks at work. One of my coworkers has about 20-25 bowls of candy, nuts, bars, & treats out every day. I realized I was spending a ton of my calories on those candies, & I've decided to avoid the work snacks until January. I'm hoping that helps me break the habit entirely.
- Complete 1000 minutes of cardio, 6 strength, & 6 stretching (pilates or yoga) workouts.
- Save $1500 for Christmas.
- Stick to our monthly budget for October.
- Continue my job search, & send my resume out to 3 positions, and do at least 3 informationals.
- Have one date night with M.
- Clean my closet + our coat closet.
- Research the Portland/Vancouver real estate market.
- Meal plan every week in October.
- Plan our holiday/vacation plans & ensure that we have child care when school is out.
Phew. I'm tired just looking at all of that. Better get started! :-) How about you? What's on your goal list for October?