In other news, I'm going to try out a quick bike ride today, to get in a cross-training workout. I've been running again, but that's not something I can do every day if I want to remain injury-free. Speaking of running, I signed up for a half marathon. When I was first diagnosed with lupus, I was confident that I'd never run a distance race again. Now I'm starting to think that it might be possible, but I'm not going to train as hard, or push myself in the same way. I'm really going to listen to my body, cross train, do yoga to stay limber, and also to accept and be comfortable with whatever comes my way during this training. I signed up for a local race the first weekend of November. SO excited to start training again, and mostly, to feel like it's possible for me to enjoy something I love very much . . . even after finding out I'm sick. It's like a return to myself, if that makes sense.
In other news, my yoga/pilates class is still kicking my butt. Who knew that extended downward dogs would tone your arms?! Love it!
I've been cooking at home, avoiding eating out, and trying to make a list of all of the things I want to accomplish when I'm off starting next week. Here's what I'm thinking of so far:
- Find pediatricians for the boys.
- Find a rheumatologist for me -> get on waiting list.
- Find a dentist for myself.
- Find a dentist for the boys.
- Work out 5x/week.
- Do yoga or pilates 4x/week.
- Make 10 freezer meals.
- Make 6 dozen muffins for the freezer.
- Get a massage!
- Set up some sort of personal laptop/device for accessing the kids schoolwork that's online, and my files, etc.
- Figure out how to rollover my 401K.
- Journal/write for myself.
- Read 10 books. :-)
- Find a babysitter! M & I want to get back to regular date nights. :-)
- Plan a monthly menu for my first month of work.
- List our vacation house. If needed, fly out & deal with any packing, etc.
- Get our primary house (in Seattle) rented.
- Set up our immediate, mid-term, and long-term financial goals.
- Plant a fall garden.
- Get together with my cousin (M's cousin).
- Plan 5 social events.
What would you do if you found yourself with three weeks off? :-) If you currently stay at home, how do you stay motivated/on task? (I'm a little bit worried about this for myself.)