I'm not a great mover, I've learned. WAY too much work & chaos.
Lots going on, so I'll do a list post - my favorite. ;-)
- I signed up for a yoga/pilates class! I'm so excited - I've always wanted to take a class in a studio (rather than a DVD), and I did it. This was my goal after selling the treadmill - to use the money for a yoga class. Can't wait.
- The boys are officially registered in school & all seems to be well. The school is a five minute walk from our house - so it's perfect.
- I'm now coaching soccer. Ahhh, the chaos. It's fun, but the parents? Well, they are pretty high maintenance for folks who wouldn't sign up to coach themselves. The negative talk about the kids is unacceptable, & I've already had to talk to one parent about it. These are kids, they are learning the game. Screaming at them on the field & trash talking them is not something that can happen.
- I have an interview on Monday. I haven't even been looking, but this opportunity fell in my lap, so . . . who knows. ;-) My first external (i.e. not my company that I worked for my entire career) ever in my professional life.
- There is a gorgeous nature space near our house. The weather has been crazy hot, so I've only been on one run, but it was fabulous.
- I've met a few friends so far (via an introduction from another friend) & we went to lunch on Friday. I feel so lucky to have already made a nice connection.
- Our neighborhood feels very "neighborhood-y", if that makes sense, & I love seeing the kids playing outside.
- The traffic here is just truly terrible. And, I don't know the ways to avoid it yet. I'm not good at sitting in traffic & stressing out. At all. It's a huge weakness.
- I desperately, desperately need to stock up on everything & make a menu plan.
- We have avocado, lemons, oranges, & persimmons growing in our back yard. Love it! Except, what to do with persimmons?
- I've gained four pounds with all of the eating out. Time to get things back to real life again (working out consistently & eating at home).
What about you? How is the weather in your area? It was 95 yesterday, & we were out all day, including soccer coaching/playing in the heat. Yuck! It's apparently the hottest it's been in 40 years in this area. Just our luck. :-) Our neighbors have a pool & have invited us over, so that's probably on the agenda as well.
And, because I promised myself I would do it (in #9), here's a quick menu plan.
- Sunday - burgers on the grill. M needs to pick up a propane tank.
- Monday - Grilled chicken sausages + corn
- Tuesday - Leftover burgers
- Wednesday - Grilled chicken & tortellini
- Thursday - Chicken sausages over pasta
- Friday - Leftovers
- Saturday - M is going to be back in Seattle dealing with our remodel, so the kids & I will have grilled cheese & soup or something super easy.
- Sunday - homemade pizza (assuming it cools off)