Anyway, I'll give it a try. Here goes!
Goals for August:
- Complete 1000 minutes of cardio, 15 strength workouts, & 5 stretching workouts. I have my relay coming up, & just joined a running club, so this should be doable.
- Commit to my running club. I've never run in a group before, & I'm a little nervous/anxious that I might embarrass myself.
- Complete my relay, have fun, & relax & enjoy the experience more this year, rather than stressing about the details.
- Figure out what to get M for our anniversary. I'm thinking of experiences in Hawaii, rather than a gift, so I need to get thing planned.
- Stay on track with our budget.
- Put more thought into our plans for our Seattle house (selling, keeping), plus our long term plan here (renting, buying, etc)
- Menu plan. For reals. For the entire month.
- Plan a fun activity for Labor Day weekend.
- Figure out work & personal travel through the end of 2015.
- Start planning our 2016 budget, including tweaks to our categories, budget amounts, etc.
- Call to see if we can reduce our car insurance.
- FIND A NANNY!! School starts in 2 1/2 weeks, & I'm starting to panic.
- Seriously get more balanced in the work/life balance equation. It's pretty bad right now. Some goals I'm thinking of related to that:
- One night (or less) a week with evening calls. It's super hard to come home, make dinner, squeeze in family time, dreading the knowledge that I have to put in another couple of hours starting at 8:30 pm.
- Amp up my recruiting efforts. I'm already spending 15 hours/week on this, but i have 3 people manager roles to fill, and once I fill them, my life will be MUCH easier, my evening/morning calls will be reduced, & I can travel less.
- Minimize travel to only urgent/super important tasks.
- Work out 5 days/week. This requires getting up earlier, making time for my afternoon runs, etc. I must prioritize my health!
And, there you have it! I'm also going to check in on my goals once per week, to try & stay on top of my progress. What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish in August?