Goals for August:
- Complete 1000 minutes of cardio, 15 strength workouts, & 5 stretching workouts. I have my relay coming up, & just joined a running club, so this should be doable - Okay, so I finished 340 minutes of cardio, 2 strength workouts & 0 stretching workouts. I'm on track for cardio, but not for strength or stretching.
- Commit to my running club. I've never run in a group before, & I'm a little nervous/anxious that I might embarrass myself. - it starts on Tuesday!
- Complete my relay, have fun, & relax & enjoy the experience more this year, rather than stressing about the details. - Yes, looking very forward to it!
- Figure out what to get M for our anniversary. I'm thinking of experiences in Hawaii, rather than a gift, so I need to get things planned. - I've made a little progress, but am not done with the planning.
- Stay on track with our budget. - so far, so good!
- Put more thought into our plans for our Seattle house (selling, keeping), plus our long term plan here (renting, buying, etc) - we haven't done much planning, & I need to reach out to our accountant.
- Menu plan. For reals. For the entire month. - yes! On track & doing great!
- Plan a fun activity for Labor Day weekend. - haven't thought about this yet!
- Figure out work & personal travel through the end of 2015. - Yes, my work travel is sorted. All that's left is booking & figuring out the holidays.
- Start planning our 2016 budget, including tweaks to our categories, budget amounts, etc. - Not started.
- Call to see if we can reduce our car insurance. - yes! And saved $836!!!!
- FIND A NANNY!! School starts in 2 1/2 weeks, & I'm starting to panic. - Yes, actually! She starts tomorrow. :-)
- Seriously get more balanced in the work/life balance equation. It's pretty bad right now. Some goals I'm thinking of related to that: - generally working on it, but it's a long slow process!
- One night (or less) a week with evening calls. It's super hard to come home, make dinner, squeeze in family time, dreading the knowledge that I have to put in another couple of hours starting at 8:30 pm.
- Amp up my recruiting efforts. I'm already spending 15 hours/week on this, but i have 3 people manager roles to fill, and once I fill them, my life will be MUCH easier, my evening/morning calls will be reduced, & I can travel less.
- Minimize travel to only urgent/super important tasks.
- Work out 5 days/week. This requires getting up earlier, making time for my afternoon runs, etc. I must prioritize my health!
Here's my menu plan for this week:
- Saturday (yesterday) - beef kebabs, rice & yogurt sauce
- Sunday (today) - grilled salmon, rice, & peach/fresh mozzarella salad
- Monday - leftover salmon & rice
- Tuesday - leftover kebabs
- Wednesday - Spaghetti & meatballs
- Thursday - Leftovers (if any), or chicken, edamame & rice
- Friday - Shrimp pesto pasta
- Saturday - homemade chicken pesto pizza
- Sunday - chicken risotto
How was your Sunday? I did an 8 mile pace walk today & I'm SO SORE! 3 miles was straight uphill & my backside is not used to that kind of punishment. ;-)