I'm in the middle of making our family holiday cardamom bread & waiting for it to rise. I've had trouble with the bread not properly rising the last couple of years, so I bought fresh yeast. Hopefully this year will be the year that I have gloriously high loaves! :-)
The weather here is clear, but chilly. It was in the 30s when I went to yoga this morning. And, I have one little boy with a bit of a cold. M is taking the kids to get haircuts for the holidays, and going to Costco today. Other than that, we're going to get things down around the house, relax, and then M & I are having our December date night tonight! We'll keep it reasonably frugal (it's really not, because it's dinner out + a sitter) by bringing our own wine to our favorite restaurant.
And, in an attempt to stay on track with our menu planning for the rest of the month, despite our crazy schedule, I've put together a rough meal plan. I'll chat with my mom this weekend & finalize our meals once we're at our vacation house, as they will be joining us for a couple of the days.
- Friday - 12/16 - grilled burgers & pasta
- Saturday - 12/17 - date night! I'll make the boys chicken & pasta before we leave
- Sunday - 12/18 - We're opening our gifts from the boys that are under the tree, so we don't need to pack them. I think I'll do pumpkin soup + goat cheese crostini
- Monday - 12/19 - tacos (meat from the freezer) + chips & guacamole
- Tuesday - 12/20 - fish sticks & tortellini
- Wednesday - 12/21 - spaghetti & meatballs
- Thursday - 12/22 - leftovers. If there are no easy leftovers, then potstickers & chicken. Both from the freezer
- Friday - 12/23 - flying to Portland. We'll be eating out with my family.
- Saturday - 12/24 - Christmas Eve! We are having festive pizza & pomegranate martinis. ;-)
- Sunday - 12/25 - Christmas with the family. We have a microbrew tasting + appetizers.
- Monday - 12/26 - we will be at our vacation house, so I'll inventory the freezer, but we typically eat very easy things. I won't sign up for anything too hard, so I'll go with pasta & meatballs.
- Tuesday - 12/27 - grilled chicken & rice
- Wednesday - 12/28 - we will likely have guests, so risotto
- Thursday - 12/29 - I'm thinking soup and appetizers
- Friday - 12/30 - we are flying back from Portland this day & are arriving in the evening, so either Chipotle on our way home, or something super easy from the freezer.
- Saturday - 12/31 - I need to survey the boys on what they want, but I'm thinking steak & appetizers.
- Sunday - 1/1 - maybe Thai food delivery or homemade pizza
Two questions for you. What are you up to this Saturday, and what do you typically do for food on New Year's Eve/Day? Looking for inspiration!
Have a great weekend!