Here are some of the frugal highlights for the week:
- Line dry the majority of our clothes (our typical policy). We do machine dry our towels.
- Used our yard fruit to make smoothies, along with frozen spinach that was rescued before it could go bad.
- Used a price matching tool through my preferred airline to receive a $36.78 credit for a future flight. I routinely check all of my trips to see if the prices have dropped, and request credit. I will apply this credit to one of my summer flights.
- I was out of chocolate chips & had them on my Costco list. I wandered past the clearance section of my local grocery store & found Hershey's bags on sale for $.57/bag. I bought 7 bags & saved approximately $6 over the Costco price for the same size.
- I also found tortilla chips on sale at Lucky, and was able to save $.99 on the same size vs at Costco.
- No meals out
- Sold a scarf on eBay for $30!
- Ran (i.e. no car, using my legs :)) to the new house to drop off a few essentials & weigh in on tree placement in the yard.
- Using a comp day from the holidays to relax, clean the house, & celebrate with no work!
I'm also volunteering at the school this afternoon, which I always enjoy. Happy Friday! How have you been saving money this week?