Yesterday, I spent 3 hours & dug out the planter box at the new house. It was over 3 feet deep, and contains crumbling concrete at the bottom. My back is killing me. For next steps, it looks like we will need to fill it with gravel, then concrete, then tile over it. I'll get some more "in progress" pictures, as well as the rest of the house.
For today, I need to accomplish the following:
- Make rolls to go with dinner
- Menu plan
- Make a Costco list
- Clean the fridge
- Buy groceries (Costco & produce stand)
- Pack. Ahhh, the ongoing saga contines ;-)
- Move the garbage & recycling to the new house (we transitioned service locations)
- Clean out both freezers, and use any older items in our menu for the week. I don't want to move old stuff.
- Go through some paperwork, and figure out what I can shred.
- Do some yard work at the new house.
That's it for me! I'm going to kick start with the menu plan for the next two weeks. I need to prep some food for the crew, as I leave a week from today for Tokyo, then London. :-(
- Saturday - ham & potato soup with homemade rolls. I'll sub chicken for the ham, as we prefer it, and I have it on hand.
- Sunday - naan and flatbread pizzas, using up a variety of freezer options
- Monday - lubia polo (freezer) + yogurt sauce
- Tuesday - leftover soup, rolls, & spinach salad
- Wednesday - leftover pizzas
- Thursday - fiesta chicken (freezer)
- Friday - I have meetings in the city until 5 or so, which means I won't be home until late. Leftovers (if there are any), or potstickers & chicken.
- Saturday - boys on their own. Will pick up a pizza for the freezer
- Sunday - boys on their own. Spaghetti & meatballs
- Monday - boys on their own. Pasta & grilled chicken.
- Tuesday - boys on their own. Tacos (need to brown taco meat for this).
- Wednesday - boys on their own - leftovers
- Thursday - boys on their own - leftovers
- Friday - boys on their own - my assumption is that they will do pizza or go out.
- Saturday - I arrive in SFO around lunch time, so I'll sort something out.
What about you? What's on the menu for the week? And, do you go to yoga classes, or prefer it at home?