Saturday, July 7, 2018

The very long road home

We drove from the Oregon coast back to San Francisco on Thursday, and the drive was made quite a bit longer than expected by a wildfire that shut down the major interstate (I-5), as well as many of the alternative routes. We were planning to be home by 10 pm, but got home instead at 3:00 am. :-( The fire looked terrible, so sending good thoughts for all of those impacted, & the firefighters on the front lines.

I struggled to be productive yesterday, after our late arrival. I had to be up early for a work call on Friday, and then went to the grocery store, as the fridge had absolutely no perishables. Just a few leftover condiments. After a trip to the grocery store, I worked & tried to catch up on three weeks of email. I'm not there yet, shall we say. I also caught up on laundry, & packed the kids for summer camp. We all went to bed early & are feeling much better today.

I am not a fan of coming home to a messy house, so there's quite a bit of work to do today to set everything to rights again. Here's what's on the list for today:


  1. Go for a run
  2. Yoga or pilates
  3. Return library books
  4. Take the kids to Target. They were incredible on the road trip, and I promised that they could use some of their money at Target if they behaved. They definitely exceeded our expectations, especially when the drive took a few crazy turns.
  5. Clean all bathrooms
  6. Vacuum/mop the house
  7. Sweep the patio - it will probably take 3-4 runs through. We need to deal with a neighbor tree situation at some point. 
  8. Clean the kitchen
  9. Catch up on our budget
  10. Find a good half marathon training plan. I'm not in love with any of the ones I've seen so far.
That's about it for me. What about you? How are you planning to spend your Saturday? 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Been there done that with trips taking much longer. So sorry that happened and I join your concern for all of those in its path.
    I am spending this Saturday cooking and meal prep for the upcoming week. Then I am going to swim later when the sun is lower.

    ReplyDelete