Saturday, March 16, 2019

An early Saturday start

I didn't sleep well yesterday (our pool pump was making some crazy noises around 4 am), but I'm up & it's time to be productive. The boys have a soccer tournament, and once again, we've drawn the 8:00 am game, which means an arrival time of 7:15. I'm going to make the most of it by getting in my run during their warm ups. If I do that, I'll at least feel like I didn't waste the 45 minutes while we're waiting for the game to start.

I'm settling in with the work news. It's still really not great for me, but it is what it is, & I'm moving on emotionally. Also, this change will likely make it easier for me to make a final decision on next steps over my sabbatical, so I'll do my best to be grateful for that.

The boys have two games today, and at least one tomorrow. Here's what else I need to do today:

  • Menu plan
  • Grocery shop (M will likely do this)
  • Short run today (2.5 miles)
  • Clean the house
  • Sort out plans for Monday, as the kids don't have school
  • Take the boys to two soccer games
  • Laundry
I think that will do it. What about you? What's on the list for today?

3 comments:

  1. I know you haven't shared details of the work changes, but I hope it all works out for you and your family. From what you describe of yourself, you are a woman with talent and skills, and connections and should be able to carve out a new work life-not that it makes things any less stressful now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I plan on making the Guinness cake for tomorrow's St. Patrick's Day dinner. I want to fit in four miles by lunch. Beyond that, laundry, cleaning, and more culling before we move to our new place. The lights went in yesterday, and the flooring gets laid next week, so it's getting close! I am also going to try to coordinate a trip to our Gulf Coast place this summer--eldest wants to take a summer course to lessen his course load in fall quarter, but refuses to take an online class ever again. DD is going on a school trip to Europe in July. So, there are several moving parts to this...
    Happy Saturday. I am so excited for you to have your sabbatical. I struggled when I left work--not over guilt, but over the fact that I LOVED my work and coworkers. A negative change in the office sure would have eased the sting of leaving! I am in a different stage from you-- DH and just had the conversation Thursday night about what I might like to do in the "next stage" which is rapidly approaching. What to do, what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I could fit in a run or a good walk. Running.....

    ReplyDelete