Friday, March 1, 2019

Frugal Friday

We had a few frugal wins this week, although it was standard in all of the usual ways. While it's  nice to have a few "out of the ordinary" wins to report, the day to day stuff is really what keeps us frugal overall.

A few frugal wins:
  • Drove our electric car all weekend, to save on gas costs (we charge for free at work)
  • Dropped off & picked up my husband at the airport for a weekend trip, saving about $50 in Uber charges
  • Ate all meals at home
  • Exchanged a gift for something more practical
  • Prepped meals for the freezer
  • Listed three items on eBay, packaged last week's sales
  • Sold my son's bike (finally!) He owed me $90, so I was able to clear that up, and then he is putting the rest in his savings account for a rainy day
  • Used an Alaska Air companion fare to book a flight for my sister. I'm taking her to Hawaii as my treat. She is close to our family (location wise) & does a tremendous amount of work that I naturally can't help with given location & is generally just awesome. Saved $550 on the companion fare, plus used $55 of travel credit that I had available. 
I also moved a few items out of the freezer (chili, a breakfast sandwich, tortillas), so it feels good to make progress there. What about you? How did you do with your week? Any frugal wins to report?

No comments:

Post a Comment