Friday, March 29, 2019

Frugal Friday

It was another week where we didn't do anything terribly exciting from a financial perspective. Instead, we stuck to the basics, which always add up over time.


  1. I meal prepped all weekend, to ensure we'd have quick & easy dinner options. I had late meetings three days this week, so this was critical to avoiding meals out.
  2. We line dried the majority of our clothes.
  3. I submitted an expense report quickly, so I can get reimbursed for a few work expenses last week.
  4. I finished all of my library books, so I picked up a few options off of the freebie table at work.
  5. We drove our electric car for all errands/driving over the weekend, and traded off driving it during the week. We also charged for free at work.
That's it from my side. Nothing too exciting to see here. But, in fabulous news, the last two weeks have been CRAZY at work as expected, and they are drawing to a close today, because. .. it's Friday! What about you? What have you accomplished this week?

9 comments:

  1. I feel as if I am in quite the rut. Our new place is progressing nicely--floors are almost all done. Meanwhile, I feel at a standstill with this place. Nothing more to do than continue to clean and cull. I did further investigate selling this place, though it isn't yet on the market, which leaves us with our FL place still to sell--though we still aren't sure we want to let go of that place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are your housing plans? Are you moving/relocating? How exciting!

      Delete
  2. Glad the horrid work weeks are over and done!
    All the small savings add up to large ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm feeling grateful that next week is supposed to be just a standard busy week. :-)

      Delete
  3. The regular day in and day out tips to maximize the budget is really where the wins come from. I am motivated to just make the most of humble meals, my wardrobe, and simple entertainment for a long while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got this! It's hard sometimes, because the small things don't "feel" very exciting, but they really do set the groundwork for financial savings every single day.

      Delete
  4. All the things you do everyday really add up to save money. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I find that many things are habits at this point, and others require more work & fine tuning.

      Delete
  5. Heh. Big move, right across the lane from our current home. We own two 5-acre lots adjacent to each other (making a nice 10-acre parcel) across from our house here. I would prefer to live full time in Florida, but the school situation is much better here for the kids, so we bought several land parcels, figuring that they're not making more land, are they?

    ReplyDelete